Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morshiasse

Searching for a new headset

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, 

my logitech g930 just broke and i'm searching for a new headset to replace it. My budget would be ~120~but i'm willing to push to 150€ if you can find me something really good.

Some have suggested the Dt770 with a little sound card like the asus xonar dgx, but i'm worried about two things : First, there is no mic and a modmic is pretty expensive and with my g930 i've been used to the surround feel. I could live without it in most situations but watching movies with it was really nice ( they're 5.1 ), so is the dolby surround feel created by the sound card good?

I've also seen the internet praise the hyperx cloud, that i could couple with the same sound card to have the 5.1 feel for movies, its audio quality seems to be a little less good but at least it has a removable mic.

So yeah i'm really lost and the audio world is pretty hard to understand... if you have suggestions don't hesitate.

Thanks ! ( and sorry for the bad english )

If you need it to be "gaming".

- Cooler master MH 751 or 752 (bot are Takstar pro82 with a microphone, the pricier one comes with a USB soundcard)

- HyperX Cloud (and Cloud II, Cloud Pro, Cloud X, Alpha, ...), those are Takstar pro80.

No need to get something with poor audio (Logitech, Razer, Astro, ...) when you have the money to get something that actually sounds acceptable.

9 minutes ago, 191x7 said:

If you need it to be "gaming".

- Cooler master MH 751 or 752 (bot are Takstar pro82 with a microphone, the pricier one comes with a USB soundcard)

- HyperX Cloud (and Cloud II, Cloud Pro, Cloud X, Alpha, ...), those are Takstar pro80.

No need to get something with poor audio (Logitech, Razer, Astro, ...) when you have the money to get something that actually sounds acceptable.

The logitech g933 isn't as bad in the way of audio as people make out. Same as the g231 (I think it was). 

(Don't know much about others as they are the only ones I have used) 

I  say grab a cooler master mh752

Main Desktop audio Setup topping d10---> monolith Alex Cavelli Liquid Spark--->Beyerdynamic dt 990 for gaming, Sennheiser hd 58x for everything else

My portable setup one plus 6T--->fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3

Other audio stuff you can feel free to ask about if you see me on the audio forum are AKG k240, AKG k 52, AKG y50bt, koss ksc 75, Sennheiser HD 4.40, Fiio e10k