Slow Computer, no upgrade, no ssd.

Fix a slow computer without a ssd and upgrade ram and cpu, is there any way?

use light weight linux. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

19 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

use light weight linux. 

and get wine if needed (the program, not the drink)

Hell yeah, there are lots of ways. first, list the pc specs ( as in detail), and tell what you use in daily basis ( also if you wish to continue using win10)

first, you can check the mb voltage, and the clock speeds. depending on cooling, you may not be able to go high, but it should be kept at optimal speed. after hardware tweaks, ( and integrated graphics oc.. if you have that), also changing thermal paste will contibute much.

linux is lightweight ( puppylinux, arch, or similar), but if you have like 2 gigs of ram, you can remove all bulky stuffs from win10 and use it. the graphics and those needs to be tuned to lowest, and you'll have a quite responsive pc.

And, legend knows me as Ace. feel free to ping for any ( literally ) pc stuffs.

Edited by Ace Reborn
adding more details

26 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

and get wine if needed (the program, not the drink)

No reason to get both? (there is some restrictions to some people)

Running malwarebytes and Ccleaner once will clean up some, if thats not enough id recommend something like Lubuntu for the machine

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 5/16/2019 at 1:48 PM, xAcid9 said:

use light weight linux. 

no linux

you fucking linux

26 minutes ago, youself said:

no linux

you fucking linux

then don't expect anything to be faster

no more

no less

except if that thing is stuck up with viruses

46 minutes ago, youself said:

no linux

you fucking linux

give us more info you dumb dumb. what is the PC spec? CPU? RAM? OS? 
did it became slow just recently? did you check your hard disk health? did you check what causing the slow down? virus? intensive program that use lots of CPU processing power or RAM? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

14 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

give us more info you dumb dumb. what is the PC spec? CPU? RAM? OS? 
did it became slow just recently? did you check your hard disk health? did you check what causing the slow down? virus? intensive program that use lots of CPU processing power or RAM? 

amd x2 250

2gb ram

windows 7 sp1 32-bit