Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ramm

Why is there so much price difference between Asus or Inno3D?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I was looking into the 2080 series and one thing I noticed is that an Inno3D card costs like €700 and Asus cards are almost €900.

 

Do you really get more with one of those Asus Cards?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference is not worth €200. They will both perfom basicaly identicaly. Just get the Inno3D. You are paying more for the brand and "features" that are basicaly worthless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, WereCat said:

The difference is not worth €200. They will both perfom basicaly identicaly. Just get the Inno3D. You are paying more for the brand and "features" that are basicaly worthless.

And how about quality/reliability?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

The difference is not worth €200. They will both perfom basicaly identicaly. Just get the Inno3D. You are paying more for the brand and "features" that are basicaly worthless.

you know inno3d has the most questionable 1 year warranty i've seen?

 

not worth 200 dollars extra, any alternatives? look at the radeon vii too


PSU Tier List//Graphics card (cooling) tier list//Build Guide Megathread//Motherboard Tier List//Linux Guide//Build logs//Before troubleshoot//Mark Solved//Off Topic//Community standards

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k  @4.5 ghz  GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming   RAM: 8+8 3360 mhz DDR4 Trident Z   MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC   HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung ECOGREEN   SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB   Soundcard: built in   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB   Screen: Salora 40LED1500

 

Secondary PC: Cedar mill

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2130   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 4+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3    MOBO: HP H series   HDD: 320 GB WD Black 7200 RPM   PSU: HP 250 watt   Soundcard: built in   Case: Sunbeam Quarterback   Screen: IIyama Prolite T2240MTS, Samsung SyncMaster710N

 

Server: CookieVault

Spoiler

CPU: core2dual E8400   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 2+1+1+1 gb 1333 mhz ddr3   MOBO: HP Q series   HDD: 4x 1tb 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint Ecogreen   Soundcard: built in   Case: Compaq 6000 pro mt   Screen: Samsung SyncMaster710n

 

Laptop: Acer TravelMate 8573t

Spoiler

CPU: I3-2330M   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 8+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3   MOBO: Acer   SSD: 250 gb mx500 sata   Soundcard: built in   Case: Acer TravelMate 8573t   Screen: TN 768p

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 slim glacier white 500 gb, PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 gb, Xbox, 3 DS lites, DSI XL, Gameboy Advanced Color, PS Vita v2, Wii, PS3 500 gb

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ramm said:

And how about quality/reliability?

1.) warranty exists

2.) depends on a particular model. All brands have different versions of RTX 2080. The componentry on ASUS card is likely better but it doesent really matter if you are not sub-zero overclocking

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LukeSavenije said:

you know inno3d has the most questionable 1 year warranty i've seen?

 

not worth 200 dollars extra, any alternatives? look at the radeon vii too

1 year warranty does not exist in EU. You have 2years minimum.

And Ive dealt with multiple Inno3D cards and had no issues. You can encounter issues with any card.

 

If the model he talks about uses reference PCB then there is basicaly nothing different besides the cooler itself vs the RTX 2080 FE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WereCat said:

1 year warranty does not exist in EU. You have 2years minimum.

And Ive dealt with multiple Inno3D cards and had no issues. You can encounter issues with any card.

 

If the model he talks about uses reference PCB then there is basicaly nothing different besides the cooler itself vs the RTX 2080 FE.

then i have a question for you... very simple

 

look up the warranty for it

 

you can find almost nothing


PSU Tier List//Graphics card (cooling) tier list//Build Guide Megathread//Motherboard Tier List//Linux Guide//Build logs//Before troubleshoot//Mark Solved//Off Topic//Community standards

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k  @4.5 ghz  GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming   RAM: 8+8 3360 mhz DDR4 Trident Z   MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC   HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung ECOGREEN   SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB   Soundcard: built in   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB   Screen: Salora 40LED1500

 

Secondary PC: Cedar mill

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2130   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 4+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3    MOBO: HP H series   HDD: 320 GB WD Black 7200 RPM   PSU: HP 250 watt   Soundcard: built in   Case: Sunbeam Quarterback   Screen: IIyama Prolite T2240MTS, Samsung SyncMaster710N

 

Server: CookieVault

Spoiler

CPU: core2dual E8400   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 2+1+1+1 gb 1333 mhz ddr3   MOBO: HP Q series   HDD: 4x 1tb 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint Ecogreen   Soundcard: built in   Case: Compaq 6000 pro mt   Screen: Samsung SyncMaster710n

 

Laptop: Acer TravelMate 8573t

Spoiler

CPU: I3-2330M   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 8+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3   MOBO: Acer   SSD: 250 gb mx500 sata   Soundcard: built in   Case: Acer TravelMate 8573t   Screen: TN 768p

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 slim glacier white 500 gb, PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 gb, Xbox, 3 DS lites, DSI XL, Gameboy Advanced Color, PS Vita v2, Wii, PS3 500 gb

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WereCat said:

1 year warranty does not exist in EU. You have 2years minimum.

3-5 years if its revealed to be a defect or design fault. though you will probably have a small fight with customer service and know you are talking about. 

 

and if warranty is an issue. there is allways the Sapphire boxed Radeon 7 or EVGA cards. 

 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/dkprxr/sapphire-radeon-vii-16-gb-video-card-21291-01-40g

 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/r8smP6/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-8gb-xc-ultra-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-2183-kr

 

one being a tad cheaper than the other. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

then i have a question for you... very simple

 

look up the warranty for it

 

you can find almost nothing

 

22 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

3-5 years if its revealed to be a defect or design fault. though you will probably have a small fight with customer service and know you are talking about. 

 

and if warranty is an issue. there is allways the Sapphire boxed Radeon 7 or EVGA cards. 

 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/dkprxr/sapphire-radeon-vii-16-gb-video-card-21291-01-40g

 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/r8smP6/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-8gb-xc-ultra-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-2183-kr

 

one being a tad cheaper than the other. 

Look. I dont really care.

If you are buying from any store in EU product like a graphics card. You are guaranteed to have 2y warranty for that product not from the manufacturer but from the seller.

 

I am not saying that Inno3D is an amazing brand. Im saying that if the price difference is 200eur then Inno3D is more than good enough. There is no reason why anyone should spend 900eur for RTX 2080 if that can almost get you the cheapest RTX 2080ti if you spend 100eur more which will still be significantly better.

 

I agree that OP should likely look at other brands besides Inno3D and ASUS and he will likely find a better card for similar price of the Inno3D card. But I was just simply answering to his question which only contained 2 options. I dont even know which exact models of these cards is he talking about. He only mentioned brands.

 

And as I said previously. If the Inno3D card is using FE PCB then the only thing different from RTX 2080 FE is the cooler and I see no issue there at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×