Random Lag and Freezing in the Past Few Days

avrona

So in the last few days I've been having some weird performance issues on my PC. My editing program would randomly freeze up, can't even load any audio file into Audacity without it crashing, whenever I try to play a video the Windows Film app takes a while to actually boot up, and then the videos themselves would sometimes freeze in the middle. Additionally, File Explorer seems to have some issues also, but far less than the other programs I've mentioned. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Just now, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

Do you have any overclocks? What storage medium are you using? Could be a dying hard drive.

Nothing is overclocked and I'm using an SSD and two hard drives.

3 minutes ago, avrona said:

Nothing is overclocked and I'm using an SSD and two hard drives.

Are these programs on the same drive? Look at crystaldisk info, See if any warnings come up. How old are the drives? New drives, Like old ones can have a high faliure rate.

2 minutes ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

Are these programs on the same drive? Look at crystaldisk info, See if any warnings come up. How old are the drives? New drives, Like old ones can have a high faliure rate.

Yes they are, the SSD, but Crystaldisk didn't come back with any errors on it. The drive is 4 years old.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, avrona said:

Yes they are, the SSD, but Crystaldisk didn't come back with any errors on it. The drive is 4 years old.

Put the programs on another drive, See if it continues. Do a sector check (Or the ssd equivulent)