Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redrooster

Definitive Version of Minecraft???

14 hours ago, DavidKalinowski said:

My son has almost the same specs, i5 3450 16GB ram and a much weaker graphics card in the Radeon HD 6750 and he has no complaints. (only mod so far is pixelmon.) This is with the Java Version.

I ended up getting the java edition and I have no problem staying above 60fps once my game is loaded in

Posted · Original PosterOP

Okay, so I first played Minecraft for pc back when it was free, then the xbox 360, then i got it for the xbox one. Many years later i got it for the switch. Well, I sold my xbox one for my pc case about ½ a month ago and now I want to play Minecraft on the pc

What's the best version? Java or Windows?

My Current Rig

(((Currently in between builds)))

If part is listed as (NEW) it means that i recently bought it and it will be incorporated in my next build.

CPUI5-3550

GPUZotac RTX 2060 (NEW)

RAM16gb 2x8 DDR3 1600mHz

STORAGE500gb HDD, 2tb USB 3.0 Drive

PSU650w Corsair CX (NEW)

CASENZXT 500i        (NEW)

The Rig That I'm Working Towards.

This Should Be Complete By Fall 2019.

CPU: (Either) R5 2600x or Zen2

GPU: Zotac RTX 2060

RAM: 16GB 3000mHz Corsair Veng.

STORAGE: 1TB sata SSD (prob. 860 evo)

120GB sata Boot Drive (for Windows 10 and non video games)

PSU: 650w Corsair CX

CASE: NZXT H500i

8 minutes ago, Redrooster said:

Okay, so I first played Minecraft for pc back when it was free, then the xbox 360, then i got it for the xbox one. Many years later i got it for the switch. Well, I sold my xbox one for my pc case about ½ a month ago and now I want to play Minecraft on the pc

Personally I like Java more, but Windows still works.

My rig is so crappy it's irrelevant to put here. Though my AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ from like 2006 has a higher clock speed(2.6GHz) and the same core count than my Intel Celeron-2955U 1.4GHz right now.

Java has better/more mods to it as well as servers as it is the OG Minecraft, but if you look around keys for Windows 10 Editions can be very cheap (like 5 bucks), due to everyone who had Java before w10 edition came out got one when it did. But Windows 10 Edition also can play with console and mobile as well i believe.

38 minutes ago, Redrooster said:

This depends, Java has better combat mechanics for now, older servers, a more vocal player base, and more history. On the other hand Windows is multi-platform, you can play with friends who are on Switch, Xbox 1, or mobile, it is also significantly less hardware intensive, as the Bedrock engine was built exclusively for Minecraft, meanwhile Java is an evolution of the original Minecraft, built on the same old "dirty code" and thereby requires much more computational power.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Java has always been and remains the standard.  Performance suffers compared with the native windows version, but the combination of everything else outweighs that by quite a bit at the end of the day.

Java ofc. Best versions are 1.6.4, 1.7.2 and 1.8.9 if you ask me

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play MTGA & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee! The Cassette Deck!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Tell me if I got it wrong, java has more mods, more servers, and the combat is better; windows has cross platform, can be cheaper, and is less hardware intensive?

My Current Rig

If part is listed as (NEW) it means that i recently bought it and it will be incorporated in my next build.

CPUI5-3550

GPUZotac RTX 2060 (NEW)

RAM16gb 2x8 DDR3 1600mHz

PSU650w Corsair CX (NEW)

I think my I5 3550 3.3Ghz will get at least 60fps, and with my RTX 2060 and 16gb of ram I could download some nice texture packs

My Current Rig

CPUI5-3550

GPUZotac RTX 2060 (NEW)

RAM16gb 2x8 DDR3 1600mHz

PSU650w Corsair CX (NEW)

21 hours ago, Redrooster said:

I think my I5 3550 3.3Ghz will get at least 60fps, and with my RTX 2060 and 16gb of ram I could download some nice texture packs

My son has almost the same specs, i5 3450 16GB ram and a much weaker graphics card in the Radeon HD 6750 and he has no complaints. (only mod so far is pixelmon.) This is with the Java Version.

Posted · Original PosterOP · Best Answer
14 hours ago, DavidKalinowski said:

I ended up getting the java edition and I have no problem staying above 60fps once my game is loaded in

My Current Rig

CPUI5-3550

GPUZotac RTX 2060 (NEW)

RAM16gb 2x8 DDR3 1600mHz

PSU650w Corsair CX (NEW)