Definitive Version of Minecraft???

Redrooster
Go to solution Solved by Redrooster,
14 hours ago, DavidKalinowski said:

My son has almost the same specs, i5 3450 16GB ram and a much weaker graphics card in the Radeon HD 6750 and he has no complaints. (only mod so far is pixelmon.) This is with the Java Version.

I ended up getting the java edition and I have no problem staying above 60fps once my game is loaded in

Okay, so I first played Minecraft for pc back when it was free, then the xbox 360, then i got it for the xbox one. Many years later i got it for the switch. Well, I sold my xbox one for my pc case about ½ a month ago and now I want to play Minecraft on the pc

What's the best version? Java or Windows?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC RAM: 32GB 3200mHz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Display: Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27" (2560p x 1440p) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK STORAGE: 120GB SSD boot drive, 10tb USB 3.0 Seagate game drive PSU: 650w Corsair CX CASE: NZXT H500i

8 minutes ago, Redrooster said:

Okay, so I first played Minecraft for pc back when it was free, then the xbox 360, then i got it for the xbox one. Many years later i got it for the switch. Well, I sold my xbox one for my pc case about ½ a month ago and now I want to play Minecraft on the pc

Personally I like Java more, but Windows still works.

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Java has better/more mods to it as well as servers as it is the OG Minecraft, but if you look around keys for Windows 10 Editions can be very cheap (like 5 bucks), due to everyone who had Java before w10 edition came out got one when it did. But Windows 10 Edition also can play with console and mobile as well i believe.

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard

38 minutes ago, Redrooster said:

This depends, Java has better combat mechanics for now, older servers, a more vocal player base, and more history. On the other hand Windows is multi-platform, you can play with friends who are on Switch, Xbox 1, or mobile, it is also significantly less hardware intensive, as the Bedrock engine was built exclusively for Minecraft, meanwhile Java is an evolution of the original Minecraft, built on the same old "dirty code" and thereby requires much more computational power.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Java has always been and remains the standard.  Performance suffers compared with the native windows version, but the combination of everything else outweighs that by quite a bit at the end of the day.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Java ofc. Best versions are 1.6.4, 1.7.2 and 1.8.9 if you ask me

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Tell me if I got it wrong, java has more mods, more servers, and the combat is better; windows has cross platform, can be cheaper, and is less hardware intensive?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC RAM: 32GB 3200mHz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Display: Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27" (2560p x 1440p) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK STORAGE: 120GB SSD boot drive, 10tb USB 3.0 Seagate game drive PSU: 650w Corsair CX CASE: NZXT H500i

I think my I5 3550 3.3Ghz will get at least 60fps, and with my RTX 2060 and 16gb of ram I could download some nice texture packs

21 hours ago, Redrooster said:

I think my I5 3550 3.3Ghz will get at least 60fps, and with my RTX 2060 and 16gb of ram I could download some nice texture packs

My son has almost the same specs, i5 3450 16GB ram and a much weaker graphics card in the Radeon HD 6750 and he has no complaints. (only mod so far is pixelmon.) This is with the Java Version.

14 hours ago, DavidKalinowski said:

I ended up getting the java edition and I have no problem staying above 60fps once my game is loaded in

On 5/18/2019 at 12:03 AM, Redrooster said:

I've never checked his FPS, but sounds about right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 10:05 AM, DavidKalinowski said:

I've never checked his FPS, but sounds about right.

The i5 3550 makes Minecraft consistently sit at 60fps (with vsync on) when everything is loaded in (at 16 chunks as the render distance)