Should I sell Ryzen and get Intel?

6 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

I'd say short term (through 2020-2022), Intel is in a bind. Long term, it will be fine. 

I don't agree with that.

Intel will have to "restructure" and have to fight to get their fabs running, develop a new architecture and then also push in the GPU Realm.

The GPU realm is a good thing as that will destroy nVidia in the long run. And nobody likes nViida. If they can drop nVidia and switch to Intel with double or tripple the amount of money they make on the GPU (IIRC they are talking about 5-10% money on a GPU, if Intel can give them a good price on the stuff and allow them to make 20-30% they will take it).

That might also Help AMD in the long run...

In the end Intel might have to part with their fabs as well as AMD did...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 minutes ago, Constantin said:

It does, when i see all the compatibility issues.

Staring from RAM to ......

What are you talking about?!

Its not that Intel is much better with the X99 Plattoform. On the Contrary.

But because Intel nobody talks about the issues that Plattform had or has.

With AMD you are still claiming stuff from 2 years ago.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

5 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Intel has had ages for its technology to mature.

It's only natural Ryzen had its growing pains.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

I'd say short term (through 2020-2022), Intel is in a bind. Long term, it will be fine. 

There's just no way they wont be fine.. I'm rooting for AMD, but we need Intel just as much as we need AMD.. I don't want to see Intel fail, I just want more for the money..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

4 minutes ago, Constantin said:

20 month old news.........

mostly in relation to early Zen 1. got improved with BIOS updates. not great, but stopped being something people worried about 

2 hours ago, Toheed said:

The thing is should I do it? I am thinking about selling it and switching to intel 9400f or 9600k. Should I do it?

considering higher cost of swapping plattform. Zen 2 is right around the corner and you have a great mobo. i dont see why you should consider it. 

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I don't agree with that.

Intel will have to "restructure" and have to fight to get their fabs running, develop a new architecture and then also push in the GPU Realm.

The GPU realm is a good thing as that will destroy nVidia in the long run. And nobody likes nViida. If they can drop nVidia and switch to Intel with double or tripple the amount of money they make on the GPU (IIRC they are talking about 5-10% money on a GPU, if Intel can give them a good price on the stuff and allow them to make 20-30% they will take it).

That might also Help AMD in the long run...

In the end Intel might have to part with their fabs as well as AMD did...

Intel knows what's up - the SoC is the wave of the future. Nobody but enthusiasts will care about high end discrete GPUs soon.

If Intel can use its 3D stacking tech with powerful iGPU, say in the realm of GTX 1060+ level performance, then they will do well in the mainstream market.

Don't forget that Intel has a lot of money.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

im pretty sure they have the design ready. they just need to reform it to 10nm/7nm and get it to yield with performance gains. 

7 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

In the end Intel might have to part with their fabs as well as AMD did..

considering how great their 14nm process is. they could make a ton of money from it. 

Most time you reading reviews cpu \ mobo 2 star or 1 start of reviews 

the cpu is great i`m not kidding the cpu is great i have gen 1 cpu 1600 no oc

can use premiere pro and all games

stop watching reviews of mobo or cpu and enjoy

if there something block you like game or program then you can sell cpu and buy intel

make changes for reason

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

Nobody but enthusiasts will care about high end discrete GPUs soon.

servers do

profesionals do

SOCs have an inherent disadvantage. mostly in relation to flexibility and peak performance. 

3 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

If Intel can use its 3D stacking tech with powerful iGPU, say in the realm of GTX 1060+ level performance, then they will do well in the mainstream market.

so a 8180 sized socket to fit a CPU and GPU and some HBM?

i mean i gues on 7nm i would be possible to do something reasonable.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

servers do

profesionals do

SOCs have an inherent disadvantage. mostly in relation to flexibility and peak performance. 

so a 8180 sized socket to fit a CPU and GPU and some HBM?

i mean i gues on 7nm i would be possible to do something reasonable.

Those are specialized fields; when I said enthusiasts I sort of included them mentally.

And yeah, I mean long term.

Not this year, or the next year, but five or ten.

They are investing a ton of money and resources into graphics, and it's going to pay off down the road.

2 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

They are investing a ton of money and resources into graphics, and it's going to pay off down the road.

remember that they are not the only ones puring money into their GPU divisions. 

2 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Not this year, or the next year, but five or ten.

probably, but that is a very long amount of time. we cant say for certain how the landscape is. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

remember that they are not the only ones puring money into their GPU divisions. 

probably, but that is a very long amount of time. we cant say for certain how the landscape is. 

Yeah, but they've got the most

And remember, Ryzen was in the works for a looooong time.

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

mostly in relation to early Zen 1. got improved with BIOS updates. not great, but stopped being something people worried about 

I see Ram compatibility issues laterally almost ever day! 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Just now, Constantin said:

I see Ram compatibility issues laterally almost ever day! 

is that in regards to cl14 and lower memmory and sticks higher than 3000mhz?

not all that surprising. but its not an issues people worry about anymore since the memmory controller is good enough for the most standard kits. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

is that in regards to cl14 and lower memmory and sticks higher than 3000mhz?

not all that surprising. but its not an issues people worry about anymore since the memmory controller is good enough for the most standard kits. 

Maybe by a little, but i see different posts in our days

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Maybe by a little, but i see different posts in our days

i also watch the same posts. i see trends in them. i also keep up to date on roughly how the memmory controller is doing. and its doing decently. 

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

As for the Title:
Should I replace a reasonable secure processor with one where Securuty holes are popping up every other month??

To be rather blunt. All the Meltdown and Spectre shit isn't over. Its still steaming!!

You did the right thing...

And no, don't switch. Especially not 11 days before AMD gets on stage on Computex...

OC isn't the strong point of Ryzen, sadly. So that's something you can't really do. What you need to do is Edit the P-States. And I don't know if your Board supports it.

As for Ryzen 3000 Support: Gigabyte hasn't yet released the Ryzen 3000 SUpport List.

MSI was the first because someone stirred some shit and there was some kind of miscommunication, so MSI released a statement that says that they will be compatible with Ryzen 3000.

ASUS Followed, the last one was Biostar.

Gigabyte might release somthing like that or just drop the BIOS Support...

Bios F30 for my board shows support for Ryzen 3000 series. I haven't updated any bios yet tho still on stock.

3 hours ago, Constantin said:

As an early adopter of Ryzen as fast as problems arose there were fixes Ryzen is as solid as Intel now and considering it was a whole new architecture and as fast as it was addressed seems to be old news and has no place in the conversation heck I expect issues to arise with 7nm as it is now confirmed to be quite different in many ways as 1st and 2nd gen we shall see as announcement and release are right around the corner anything else is unsupported speculation

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

3 hours ago, mrbilky said:

As an early adopter of Ryzen as fast as problems arose there were fixes Ryzen is as solid as Intel now and considering it was a whole new architecture and as fast as it was addressed seems to be old news and has no place in the conversation heck I expect issues to arise with 7nm as it is now confirmed to be quite different in many ways as 1st and 2nd gen we shall see as announcement and release are right around the corner anything else is unsupported speculation

i wont even read your reply bye bye :):) 

To OP: If your gear does what you want it to do, there is no current need to change anything.

The jump from a 2600 to a 9600K may be notable, but not notable enough that it warrants hundreds of dollars in excess spending.

That same could be said of the 2600 to a 3600 when it drops. We don't know for sure, but really you'd be a fool to pay extra money when your gear does exactly what you ask of it currently.

Wait until you start have to start turning down settings, or you get a great monitor that the gear can't keep up with. That's the only reason you should start upgrading gear.