GTX 1080 not being detected by computer

KagoKajino

Hey, I purchased an ASUS refurbished blower style GTX 1080 recently, and my system isn't showing it to me on device manager. I am unable to install any drivers. There is also no display coming from the GPU. The lights on the GPU are turning on and the fan is spinning. I have made sure that the GPU is properly inserted and that the power cables are plugged in properly.

Could be your mobo. Remove the GPU and check for any signs of damage

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

14 hours ago, PcGamingNooblet said:

Hey, I purchased an ASUS refurbished blower style GTX 1080 recently, and my system isn't showing it to me on device manager. I am unable to install any drivers. There is also no display coming from the GPU. The lights on the GPU are turning on and the fan is spinning. I have made sure that the GPU is properly inserted and that the power cables are plugged in properly.

How did you tested out the GPU before purchasing it?

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

It sounds like the GPU is defective.

3 hours ago, Code.016 said:

How did you tested out the GPU before purchasing it?

It was purchased online

3 hours ago, BenMach1 said:

It sounds like the GPU is defective.

Thats what im worrying, really hoping its not.

5 hours ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

Could be your mobo. Remove the GPU and check for any signs of damage

Might be, ill test that and get back to you

12 hours ago, PcGamingNooblet said:

It was purchased online

That's actually scary. Esp that these kind of stuff are prone to scams and whatnot. I suggest that before you even try to buy used or refurbished stuff, you need to make sure that it works first. Go to the shop and let them tested it in front of you. you'll never know online sellers if they are legit or not.

Try to test the GPU to other PC, like a local computer shop. If the thing works, there might be a problem with your mobo. IF the GPU is the problem, then look for ways to return it and ask for warranty (if any) or replacement.

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310