100$ PC and Music Speakers

Killerbenny04

Hey, i wanted to buy some Speakers with a subwoofer for my PC setup, because i broke my old subwoofer. but i cant connect the other speakers directly to the PC cause they are Cinch, and that would sound awful. so, what could i buy new, or just a Subwoofer with cinch connections. could you recommend me something in the 100-150$ range?

Ryzen 5 1600 Stock

Gainward GTX 1060 Stock

ASUS Prime B350 Plus

8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz Gskill

Be Quiet! 400 Watt unit

Corsair Carbite SPEC 03

My Old shitty System :

Intel Core I3 530 4x 2,93 GHz

NVIDIA GeFroce GT 330 750 MB VRAM

4 GB (2x2) Samsung DDR3

Sorry for my English. I'm from Germany !

2 hours ago, Killerbenny04 said:

Hey, i wanted to buy some Speakers with a subwoofer for my PC setup, because i broke my old subwoofer. but i cant connect the other speakers directly to the PC cause they are Cinch, and that would sound awful. so, what could i buy new, or just a Subwoofer with cinch connections. could you recommend me something in the 100-150$ range?

for 100 i would get nicer speakers, then a sub later on. I believe edifier have some offerings with sub out. If not, you could buy any bookshelf speakers and buy a sub with line in and split the signal between the sub and speakers, the sub will have a low pass filter in it.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Klipsch promedia 2.1 thx speakers are an excellent choice

1. Buy a small amp
2. Look on Ebay or at local second hand marketplaces/stores for passive Hi-Fi speakers
3. Enjoy better sound than any 100 euro PC set can give you.

3 hours ago, Pyramiden said:

1. Buy a small amp
2. Look on Ebay or at local second hand marketplaces/stores for passive Hi-Fi speakers
3. Enjoy better sound than any 100 euro PC set can give you.

This is pretty true lol. got my hands on some very old sony's that sound about the same but have better midrange than speakers i've had that have cost 2500 a pair.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)