Internet download very slow due to network stream

Master_X

Hello guys, I had no idea where I can get help with this and then I thought it's perfect here :)

I'm watching many movies or series via network with VLC. For a while now I noticed a huge speed drop when downloading something via Internet (only while streaming in LAN).

Not sure if it's like that forever me not noticing.

At first I have 200Mbit / 25MB/s download. If it's perfect I am getting 25MB thats good so far.

My network stuff runs on 1Gbit/s, also without any problem. Getting full speed everywhere.

In theory much more than you need for 200Mbit dl and a little network activity. Task manager shows some 15Mbit spikes while watching movie.

Then I start a test download (10GB file) and watching the speed. First it ramps up to 20+MB/s but then after 5 to 10 sec it's slowly getting less.

20 seconds later its around 1-2MB/s. I tested this from every PC in every direction. It's the same everywhere.

3 PC's hooked to a Fritzbox 6430 is my configuration.

Is this normal? I guess it's not else I should have noticed it earlier. How can I / would you start fixing this?

I got a little smarter. I remembered the "normal" router I got from my provider. I hate it and can't use it because of DS-lite and IPV6.

But I just used it and had no problem like mentioned above. So the problem is the damn Fritzbox. I guess it came with any update in the past.