Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joelw2003

Good Router/modem combo

Posted · Original PosterOP

Currently got a bt homehub 6a and it's honestly terrible, had a TP-LINK TD-W9970 and it's connection kept dropping / ping spikes in csgo and other games.

Looking for a router/modem combo as cheap as possible but if cheap isn't possible I will just pay more.

Suggestion? Amazon.co.uk only please.

so do you need cable,fios, or different connection for the modem? i would recommend splitting the hardware. i recommend EA6500 as the router for a good backbone. not the best nor the worst it's just reliable 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CISCO-Linksys-EA6500-Smart-Router/dp/B009DULZ0C/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=linksys+ea6500&qid=1557952827&s=gateway&sr=8-3

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

Posted · Original PosterOP
36 minutes ago, unsungheroist said:

so do you need cable,fios, or different connection for the modem? i would recommend splitting the hardware. i recommend EA6500 as the router for a good backbone. not the best nor the worst it's just reliable 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CISCO-Linksys-EA6500-Smart-Router/dp/B009DULZ0C/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=linksys+ea6500&qid=1557952827&s=gateway&sr=8-3

vdsl in

is it vdsl 1or 2?

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.