Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert Calkin

stuggling to connec headphones to xbox

Posted · Original PosterOP

I recently purchased Sennhieser HD 4.50 btnc headphones and I'm so far enjoying them.

But I tried connect them to my Xbox with the 2.5x3.5 cable but I didn't get the audio or the mic to actually do anything and I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong, if I needed an adaptor or I wouldn't work altogether

So you're trying to connect it wired? Is this the cable that comes with the headset?

Image result for Sennheiser HD 4.50 btnc wire

If so, this cable doesn't do microphone (audio out) only audio in (game sound). This is because it's a 3 pole cable, not 4 pole.

Still weird it doesn't give you game audio. You're sure the sound is going through the headset (properly set up in the Xbox and the volume is up on the headphones)?

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"How can someone win if winning means that someone loses" - Scatman John

"64 bits, 32 bits, 16 bits, 8 bits, 4 bits, 2 BITS, 1 BIT, HALF BIT, QUARTER BIT, THE WRIST GAAAAAAME!!!" - Angry Video Game Nerd

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

Posted · Original PosterOP
12 hours ago, Minibois said:

So you're trying to connect it wired? Is this the cable that comes with the headset?

Image result for Sennheiser HD 4.50 btnc wire

If so, this cable doesn't do microphone (audio out) only audio in (game sound). This is because it's a 3 pole cable, not 4 pole.

Still weird it doesn't give you game audio. You're sure the sound is going through the headset (properly set up in the Xbox and the volume is up on the headphones)?

Yeah it does look like that but the headphones have an inbuilt mic but it might only work with bluetooth

26 minutes ago, Robert Calkin said:

Yeah it does look like that but the headphones have an inbuilt mic but it might only work with bluetooth

The cable in picture only works with audio (or microphone), not both at the same time. I doubt they have made the headphones so it output microphone via that wire... So wired it only does audio.

You need a cable with a 4 pole connector to get audio+mic via 1 wire:

Image result for 4 pole  vs 3 pole 3.5mm

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"How can someone win if winning means that someone loses" - Scatman John

"64 bits, 32 bits, 16 bits, 8 bits, 4 bits, 2 BITS, 1 BIT, HALF BIT, QUARTER BIT, THE WRIST GAAAAAAME!!!" - Angry Video Game Nerd

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup