Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koffin

i3 8100 NOT ENOUGH FOR DEDICATED STREAM PC?

Just now, koffin said:

i am still troubleshooting with the ddu etc. defragging and what not.. what do u mean what sort of memory?

you said 8gb of memmory. 

 

what speed is it

how many sticks is it?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys I have a dedicated streaming pc:

i3 8100

ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0

8gb RAM

rx 570

I use an avermedia livegamer mini capture card to capture from my gaming pc. As soon as I open Stream Labs or OBS i immediately have over 70% CPU usage.

When I record and stream it completely spikes to over 90% and skips so many frames. The only source that is up is the game capture card and a webcam + overlay. I dont know why CPU usage is so high. 

I tried lowering my resolution, bitrate, etc.

even toggled with the encoding devices to no success.

 

 

Is i3 8100 not enough for this? Or do I probably have hidden drivers sucking up processing power?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the GPU being used? Im not sure but it works fine with my I3-7100 and 1050TI

 

Edit: and good upgrade is a I5-8400

Edited by LukeTheCoder05

Professional procrastinator.                                                                                                                                                                       

My many computers:

Main Rig

Laptop

Inspiron 530

Pi 3 B+

98 Gaming

DOS Gaming

Now i need a 07 Mac Pro with a 8800GT in it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

use the integrated encoder in the rx 570. 

 

 

3 minutes ago, koffin said:

Is i3 8100 not enough for this? Or do I probably have hidden drivers sucking up processing power?

depending on the settings you might not have much overhead from when you start the capture. 

 

play with capture settings and lower a few setings. should fix it. or just use the integrated encoder in the rx 570

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Is the GPU being used? Im not sure but it works fine with my I3-7100 and 1050TI

 

Edit: and good upgrade is a I5-8400

I believe I've been shuffling between software encoding and hardware encoding (AMD) 

 

still to no success. my suspicion is lingering hidden drivers. Since ive been switching GPUs and Mobos for this pc. maybe a good ol reformat would do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

use the integrated encoder in the rx 570

 

 

depending on the settings you might not have much overhead from when you start the capture. 

 

play with capture settings and lower a few setings. should fix it. or just use the integrated encoder in the rx 570

 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

use the integrated encoder in the rx 570

 

 

depending on the settings you might not have much overhead from when you start the capture. 

 

play with capture settings and lower a few setings. should fix it. or just use the integrated encoder in the rx 570

how do i use the integrated encoder?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, koffin said:

I believe I've been shuffling between software encoding and hardware encoding (AMD) 

 

still to no success. my suspicion is lingering hidden drivers. Since ive been switching GPUs and Mobos for this pc. maybe a good ol reformat would do.

 just DDU and reinstall the drivers. 

 

im assuming there is some time ago since you bought the system. 8100 hasnt been the best buy for quite some time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The i3 has an iGPU in it, use Quicksync encoding. This is your best option. 

 

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/how-to-use-quicksync.82/

 

 


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"The Angry Cup o` Joe" v2.0

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Phantex Enthoo Evolv | Custom front cover from mnpctech.com | Custom Top cover from Modmymods.com

EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans | Cablemod 30cm RGB LED strip

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koffin said:

i3 8100

it is a very poor CPU for your needs


CPU:i7 9700k, Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC, Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, SSD mushkin chronos 120GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB, PSU:Corsair CS 650 M Gold, Display(s): LG 27UK600-W HDR10 4K, Samsung P2470HD, , Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T, Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire, Mouse:Razer Naga Mouse 2014Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma, Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

 just DDU and reinstall the drivers. 

 

im assuming there is some time ago since you bought the system. 8100 hasnt been the best buy for quite some time. 

actually i bought this procie quite recently. i did scrap the bare minimum for parts for my stream pc..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, koffin said:

Would i be better off using my gaming pc to stream as well?
z390 

1080ti

i5 9600k

32gb RAM

256gb SSD

you can use Nvenc encoding on the 1080ti if you want to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, koffin said:

actually i bought this procie quite recently. i did scrap the bare minimum for parts for my stream pc..

you could have saved quite a bit..........

 

the 8100 is very expencive over better offerings. like the r5 2600 or r7 1700 for CPU encoding. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

you can use Nvenc encoding on the 1080ti if you want to. 

yall have been a great help so far. will keep yall posted. thanks mates

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, GoldenLag said:

you could have saved quite a bit..........

 

the 8100 is very expencive over better offerings. like the r5 2600 or r7 1700 for CPU encoding. 

yeah my tech guy kinda bamboozled me since i was in a hurry at the time. what would you recommend for an upgrade?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, koffin said:

yeah my tech guy kinda bamboozled me since i was in a hurry at the time. what would you recommend for an upgrade?

do you have the option to return the CPU and mobo?

 

if not i would just stick with what you have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, GoldenLag said:

do you have the option to return the CPU and mobo?

 

if not i would just stick with what you have. 

i do not have that option unfortunately. 

 

If i cannot find a fix i might be forced to upgrade?

 

my search tells me i3 8100 should be adequate for just streaming.. despite being the bare minimum. however i have not experienced any success so far. still tweaking and tinkering around...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, koffin said:

If i cannot find a fix i might be forced to upgrade?

i would do a clean install and try again, or use the hardware encoders,. either on the GPU or in the iGPU. 

 

dont think you will need to upgrade. or if worst comes to worst. you can most likely sell the CPU, mobo and Ram without much loss due to the market being stupidly overpriced regarding intel CPUs. 

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($119.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($45.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $235.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-15 14:01 EDT-0400

 

 

something along the lines of this would be the last resort. 

 

what sort of memmory are you running?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

i would do a clean install and try again, or use the hardware encoders,. either on the GPU or in the iGPU. 

 

dont think you will need to upgrade. or if worst comes to worst. you can most likely sell the CPU, mobo and Ram without much loss due to the market being stupidly overpriced regarding intel CPUs. 

 

 

 

what sort of memmory are you running?

i am still troubleshooting with the ddu etc. defragging and what not.. what do u mean what sort of memory?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, koffin said:

i am still troubleshooting with the ddu etc. defragging and what not.. what do u mean what sort of memory?

you said 8gb of memmory. 

 

what speed is it

how many sticks is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
32 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Is the GPU being used? Im not sure but it works fine with my I3-7100 and 1050TI

 

Edit: and good upgrade is a I5-8400

i toggled amd encoding and it was still bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

you said 8gb of memmory. 

 

what speed is it

how many sticks is it?

single 8 gb stick 2666 ddr if im not mistaken hyperx

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, koffin said:

single 8 gb stick 2666 ddr if im not mistaken hyperx

shouldnt be memmory starved then

 

1 minute ago, koffin said:

i toggled amd encoding and it was still bad

the VCE plugging didnt do anything? and you enabled it in the settings?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Seraiace said:

Koffin go on google and download HWInfo which will show your system monitoring temp speed etc. 

Let me know what your temperature of your CPU reads during playing and streaming.

 

i use a dedicated gaming pc with a capture card so it isnt affected by my playing. however i did use a basic aircooling system. but i dont think it would stress it enough to get hot.. will msi afterburner do the trick?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×