is this power supply any good?

Zap124

1 minute ago, Zap124 said:

CORSAIR CX500

No. It's an older, discontinued model.
Get the CX550 (2017) (grey label) instead. https://www.amazon.it/Corsair-CX550-Alimentatore-Plus-Bronze/dp/B06X15NZ2X

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

It's pretty awful to be honest and besides as it is discontinued already the prices are sky high, it makes no sense to grab one...

On a second note, don't grab a RX 590, the RX 580 performs the same after you OC it and consumes less electricity.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

where i'm from it cost 69 dollars

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

65 euros... and totally worth every one of them

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07JHLD38L/?tag=pcp06-21

how's that? in the data from the review i read(computerbase.de) the voltage regulation on the 3.3v rail is not that great,and the ripple values close to 75-100%  load are pretty high on the 5 and 3v rails

5 minutes ago, imajerec said:

how's that?

Because its a good compromize in that price range and has a really good and quiet fan and fan controller.

5 minutes ago, imajerec said:

in the data from the review i read(computerbase.de) the voltage regulation on the 3.3v rail is not that great,and the ripple values close to 75-100%  load are pretty high on the 5 and 3v rails

And what does use the 3,3V Rail?? Or 5V??
If its OK at 5A its fine. You have to really try to get to 10A these days.

And this review does look a bit better:

https://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/netzteile/be_quiet_pure_power_11/s07.php

The Important part is 12V and there it looks pretty good.

5V and 3,3V is loaded to 5A at most...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

so is the pure power 11 good?

5 minutes ago, Zap124 said:

so is the pure power 11 good?

it's pretty appreciated here as you can see,it doesn't really impress in real tests. i'd get a corsair tx550m anyday if the price gap is not that big

in italy the cooler master MWE Gold 550 is 65 euros , should i evaluate it?

7 minutes ago, imajerec said:

it's pretty appreciated here as you can see,it doesn't really impress in real tests. i'd get a corsair tx550m anyday if the price gap is not that big

3.3v and 5v ripple on BQ PP11 is within spec. 30-40mv under 100% load.
TX550M is another good choice, but the TX550M's fan is much louder than the Pure Power 11. The TX550M is 88 Euro on Amazon Italy, so 23 Euro more expensive than the PP11, so really no reason to choose the TX550M over the PP11.

5 minutes ago, Zap124 said:

in italy the cooler master MWE Gold 550 is 65 euros , should i evaluate it?

Also a decent option.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

20 minutes ago, Spotty said:

3.3v and 5v ripple on BQ PP11 is within spec. 30-40mv under 100% load.
TX550M is another good choice, but the TX550M's fan is much louder than the Pure Power 11. The TX550M is 88 Euro on Amazon Italy, so 23 Euro more expensive than the PP11, so really no reason to choose the TX550M over the PP11.

Also a decent option.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B06WW8G3S8/?tag=pcp06-21 79.25 EURO and 7 years warranty to corsair.

and of course the ripple on the 3.3 and 5v are lower than the 50mV maximum limit.if it weren't the psu wouldn't even be realeased,but that are not the greateast values. i don't say that bqpp11 is by any means bad but it's not that impressive as some people say it is.

9 minutes ago, imajerec said:

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B06WW8G3S8/?tag=pcp06-21 79.25 EURO and 7 years warranty to corsair.

and of course the ripple on the 3.3 and 5v are lower than the 50mV maximum limit.if it weren't the psu wouldn't even be realeased,but that are not the greateast values. i don't say that bqpp11 is by any means bad but it's not that impressive as some people say it is.

maybe you don't know what that limit is meant for... it's called Intel's ATX spec

so everything inside it is fine

but @Spotty was right here, electrically they perform close, the fan on the BQ is better (pure wing i recall?) and there's nothing really special about the txm to justify the extra cost

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

maybe you don't know what that limit is meant for... it's called Intel's ATX spec

So a PSU with 110mV on 12v would be fine because it's within Intel spec?

22 minutes ago, imajerec said:

Ah, I hate the way Amazon lists products sometimes. Showed 88 Euro for me, but if you keep searching you can find it listed for 79. 79 Euro is still ~15 euro more than the BQ PP11 500. I really don't think you're getting 15 euros more worth for your money. 5 years warranty on the PP11. 5 years vs 7 years warranty isn't a huge difference, but it might be important to some. The better fan on the PP11 is a big plus, but not everyone cares if their PSU/PC is quiet.
Yeah, there are some units around that price point with better ripple suppression on the 3.3v and 5v rails, but as far as things go it's not all that important.
No PSU is perfect. You really just have to pick something that is within budget and is 'good enough'.

7 hours ago, imajerec said:

Corsair TX550m has almost double fan RPM in idle, so its far louder than the Pure Power 11.

Look here:

https://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/netzteile/corsair_tx550m/s08.php

And 850rpm is noticable with a 120mm fan. Its not that quiet.

500RPM in a 120mm fan, especially the ones be quiet uses is.

7 hours ago, Spotty said:

No PSU is perfect.

At the 150€ Pricepoint we're getting close (or at least we should. There is no excuse for a shitty fan in a 150€ PSU!)

At the 50€ Pricepoint, there are a ton of compromizes to be made.

And especially in this price range its not easy to find a decent PSU.

The Pure Power 11 is not too bad, might not be the best electrically but the accoustics are good.

14 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

i don't know what you're trying to say. i just said that the ripple values are under 50mV,so they pass the intel's atx standards. but lower is obviously better and the txm has 3times lower ripple values at 100% load,at least on the 3 and 5v rails,if we can't reffer to reviews and stats all the talk is speculative

14 hours ago, Spotty said:

is still ~15 euro more than the BQ PP11 500. I really don't think you're getting 15 euros more worth for your money. 5 years warranty on the PP11. 5 years vs 7 years warranty 

where i'm from the bq pp11 500w cm and tx550m are the same price,and +2years warranty is something to consider . and btw the bq pp warranty here is only 3 years oposite to corsair's 7years

7 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Corsair TX550m has almost double fan RPM in idle, so its far louder than the Pure Power 11.

of course the bq is more silent,nobody was arguing that, is their flagship feature to make silent psus. but i doubt that at under 100 watts load when u'r not gaming the noise is annoyingly loud , and when the gpu is drawing power and u'r gaming ,most of the people use headsets

1 minute ago, imajerec said:

i don't know what you're trying to say. i just said that the ripple values are under 50mV,so they pass the intel's atx standards. but lower is obviously better and the txm has 3times lower ripple values at 100% load,at least on the 3 and 5v rails,if we can't reffer to reviews and stats all the talk is non-sense

again... 3.3 and 5v isn't that important anymore, a little more ripple is nothing to worry about, and 50 isn't that high

2 minutes ago, imajerec said:

where i'm from the bq pp11 500w cm and tx550m are the same price

and here it's a bigger price difference here

21 minutes ago, imajerec said:

i don't know what you're trying to say. i just said that the ripple values are under 50mV,so they pass the intel's atx standards. but lower is obviously better and the txm has 3times lower ripple values at 100% load,at least on the 3 and 5v rails,if we can't reffer to reviews and stats all the talk is speculative

where i'm from the bq pp11 500w cm and tx550m are the same price,and +2years warranty is something to consider . and btw the bq pp warranty here is only 3 years oposite to corsair's 7years

of course the bq is more silent,nobody was arguing that, is their flagship feature to make silent psus. but i doubt that at under 100 watts load when u'r not gaming the noise is annoyingly loud , and when the gpu is drawing power and u'r gaming ,most of the people use headsets

At idle, TXm is likely to be the loudest component in your PC, considering that 0 RPM mode is very popular with modern video cards

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

850rpm aint really that much. Depends a lot on what case you have and where you place it. Under your desk and psu intake on bottom through a filter, and youll barely hear it in a city apartment at day time.

31 minutes ago, imajerec said:

i don't know what you're trying to say.

We're saying that 3,3V is not important.

i just said that the ripple values are under 50mV,so they pass the intel's atx standards. but lower is obviously better and the txm has 3times lower ripple values at 100% load,at least on the 3 and 5v rails,if we can't reffer to reviews and stats all the talk is speculative

And what is the average load on 3,3V and 5V??
I can tell you: Around 5A for a normal PC usually.

Right now my PC has 4,4A on 5V and just around 1,7A on 3,3V. (according to my HX750i thingy)

That is really negligable. 

And 50mV is really not that much...

Where it counts is 12V and there the PP is pretty good.

a) the Warranty is world wide from all Manufacturers. the 3 Years might be mixed up with the Pure Power 10, not the 11 wich got 5 Years

b) Warranty is grossly overrated because you have to pay for shipping and also things change, thus there might be something that renders your PSU incompatible (or only partial compatible)

c) ATX is total crap for modern Systems.

What you'd want is a 12V Only system - like the ones DELL, Lenovo and co use. If possible with a 12V Standby Rail as well.

d) nobody knows if either company will be around in that time.

of course the bq is more silent,nobody was arguing that, is their flag ship feature to make silent psus. but i doubt that at under 100 watts load when u'r not gaming the noise is annoyingly loud , and when the gpu is drawing power and u'r gaming ,most of the people use headsets

You are wrong.

I don't have a TXm but a somilarly quickly rotating fan in a Super Flower Golden King 650W and that is borderline annoying. It is noticable!
Means you hear the fan. 

And look at the higher load fan RPM I posted. The 550W goes up to 1500RPM...