Help in choosing headphones

Mooraragi

I changed my headphones from razer tiamat to hyperx alpha. I experienced an ear pain, bass over-hammering and the sound became foul. As I understand it, this is due to the fact that they are closed type. But I cant understand why Tiamats doesnt sound so bad, because it is also of a closed type, isn’t it(?) I want to take a new headset, but I cant be determined. I already have a sound card creative soundblaster g6 and I want to take to her headphones like a Sennheiser GSP 600 or Sennheiser GSP 550. Some of them are open and others are closed type. Will it be unpleasant for me to listen to music in closed type, as well as in hyperx alpha? Help me to understand, please.

I use closed back headphones 10 hrs a day (ATH-M50X)

its just a matter of if the headphones sound good or not

Open backs are often good for music, but closed backs often are too

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Mooraragi said:

I changed my headphones from razer tiamat to hyperx alpha. I experienced an ear pain, bass over-hammering and the sound became foul. As I understand it, this is due to the fact that they are closed type. But I cant understand why Tiamats doesnt sound so bad, because it is also of a closed type, isn’t it(?) I want to take a new headset, but I cant be determined. I already have a sound card creative soundblaster g6 and I want to take to her headphones like a Sennheiser GSP 600 or Sennheiser GSP 550. Some of them are open and others are closed type. Will it be unpleasant for me to listen to music in closed type, as well as in hyperx alpha? Help me to understand, please.

Just because a headphone is closed back dies not make it bad. A bad headphone makes a headphone bad. The general rule of thumb with headphones are if your headphone manufacturer also makes mice and keyboards don't buy those headphones with the exception s of hyper x clouds and cooler master mh752. If you want a good closed back headset grab the cooler master mh752 extremely comfortable and uses the takstar pro 82 driver and design which sounds excellent for the price.