Unlocking the Locked cores

Go to solution Solved by kidroc666,

Sometimes the AMD disabled cores of good chips because they had a shortage of the cheaper chips selling very well at the time so it does not mean his chip has a bad core!! i'm sorry i do not know how to unlock the chips since that is all you were asking jesus christ people!!!! 

New here, who cares.

First, i have sempy 145. yes, its locked single core processor, and i handles 4ghz oc just fine, so who's getting new processor anyway? maybe later.
The question is, to unlock the second core, you need fancy mb with UCC or ACC or whatever those are. But if AMD takes working processor,
which would work fine, then locks them somehow, then it runs at single core. How do i unlock the locked cores, so it will run fine in my mb,
without UCC or ACC. you know, revert it to original state.

Yay, use your big brains, or drag linus, and tell me a solution, or a good-enough reasoning. Thanks in advance..
and if any of you are wondering, Legend knows me by the name Ace.

What year is it?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

get a new CPU. one core is a thing of the past and that turbo on it isn't actually that good. Save up for something like a R5 2600 or even wait for the Ryzen 3000 CPUs

i certainly know what system i should be running, or just getting a quad core chip from ebay.
So, i was asking, if any of you knows, how amd disables the core, and how we can enable it.

First, you need motherboard support to unlock the disabled core. Second, the reason your chip is a Sempron instead of an Athlon 64 X2 is because one of the cores failed QA at 2.8Ghz. Even if you get a motherboard that allows you to unlock it, the chip will not be stable as a 2.8Ghz dual core.

At best, you are going to have no performance gain at all (better multicore performance offset by worse single thread performance), but in all likelihood, it just won't be stable at all.

Either way, it's pointless.

that aside, how do they actually disable cores?

and i've seen unlocked cores running perfectly fine.

clearly you don't know the whole thing. And there are plenty of instances where people have unlocked the cores,

and they run PERFECTLY FINE. alright, thats not the point.
if you don't know how they lock the cores or unlocking them, just don't answer, or just admit that you don't know a shit.
I'm not asking ya why cores are locked, coz i already know why they're locked. Who do you think i am? clearly, you don't need to comment nonsense on the thread where it nowhere says "why cores are locked" . read the post again.

Edited by Glenwing
Insults removed

Article dating back to 2009 on unlocking the Sempron cores

Forum thread on the same thing

Advanced Clock Calibration in the BIOS, if the motherboard BIOS has it I guess you could do it ?‍♂️

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

28 minutes ago, BigRom said:

Article dating back to 2009 on unlocking the Sempron cores

Forum thread on the same thing

Advanced Clock Calibration in the BIOS, if the motherboard BIOS has it I guess you could do it ?‍♂️

aside from ACC and UCC, can we do other stuff to modify the processor itself? they literally lock a core from dual core processor.. how?

5 hours ago, Ace Reborn said:

clearly you don't know the whole thing. And there are plenty of instances where people have unlocked the cores,

and they run PERFECTLY FINE YOU MORON. alright, thats not the point.
if you don't know how they lock the cores or unlocking them, just don't answer, or just admit that you don't know a shit.
I'm not asking ya why cores are locked, coz i already know why they're locked. Who do you think i am? clearly, you don't need to comment nonsense on the thread where it nowhere says "why cores are locked" . read the post again.

The cores were disabled at a factory level, I'd suggest emailing AMD and ask them why they don't ship all their processors with all of the cores unlocked regardless of whether or not they are 24/7, 100% load stable. Yes, you can unlock sempron cores as shown in this YouTube guide, but there is no guarantee of stability. 

Sometimes the AMD disabled cores of good chips because they had a shortage of the cheaper chips selling very well at the time so it does not mean his chip has a bad core!! i'm sorry i do not know how to unlock the chips since that is all you were asking jesus christ people!!!! 

18 hours ago, kidroc666 said:

Yeah. I'm calling AMD to help with this one, maybe also need to buy some hardware to unlock it permanently.