Your thoughts on this motherboard?

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

why are you importing?

also Bazooka V2. 

like most of the time it is cheaper to buy local webstores. 

You can find hardware in my country since most people will either buy an overpriced Apple laptop or AiO or a Windows laptop. Very few people build a PC.

Just now, IAmAndre said:

You can find hardware in my country since most people will either buy an overpriced Apple laptop or AiO or a Windows laptop. Very few people build a PC.

there are retailers no?

what country are we working with. 

10 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

there are retailers no?

Yes but they will only sell prebuilt systems. That's how it works in most African countries. I live in Senegal and I buy my PC parts only when I or a relative travels to Europe or the US since PC hardware is super overpriced here.

7 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Yes but they will only sell prebuilt systems. That's how it works in most African countries. I live in Senegal and I buy my PC parts only when I or a relative travels to Europe or the US since PC hardware is super overpriced here.

ah, i see. try used market like ebay. 

get a higher end x370 board from there. 

42 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

ah, i see. try used market like ebay. 

get a higher end x370 board from there. 

Hmm wouldn't I need a first gen Ryzen CPU to update the BIOS?

14 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Hmm wouldn't I need a first gen Ryzen CPU to update the BIOS?

Depends on when the board was bought or if the BIOS has been updated. 

Worst case you order a bootkit from AMD. Which costs the shipping. Just return the CPU afterwards.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Worst case you order a bootkit from AMD. Which costs the shipping. Just return the CPU afterwards.

I think I'll just stick with the Bazooka. I don't need advanced features, just durability.

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

these two are decent

Check out this picture of the Bazooka: A1+aFfZCs0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

As you can see the m.2 slot is right under the PCI port. Would I be able to make both a (2-slot) GPU and a m.2 SSD fit?

4 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Check out this picture of the Bazooka: A1+aFfZCs0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

As you can see the m.2 slot is right under the PCI port. Would I be able to make both a (2-slot) GPU and a m.2 SSD?

yep, the SSD doesn't come high enough to even hit the gpu

8 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Which board are you referring to?

the B450-A Pro

tbh the two mATX boards are electrically the same so no objective advantages or disadvantages for the more expensive one, it comes to whether you need the extra ports (I assume the Bazooka has more) and PCB colour. The ATX board has SOC VRM heatsink so if you will be running an APU it's useful, otherwise it's again up to personal preferences.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 hour ago, Jurrunio said:

the B450-A Pro

tbh the two mATX boards are electrically the same so no objective advantages or disadvantages for the more expensive one, it comes to whether you need the extra ports (I assume the Bazooka has more) and PCB colour. The ATX board has SOC VRM heatsink so if you will be running an APU it's useful, otherwise it's again up to personal preferences.

That's interesting because there isn't much of a difference between the two microATX boards in terms of ports. As of now there's a €5 difference between the two but I would save them if they only give an aesthetic advantage.

Here's the "comparison" between the two: https://www.msi.com/comparison/motherboard/?unique=id1557963632237&compare_list=["QjQ1ME0tQkFaT09LQS1WMg==","QjQ1ME0tUFJPLVZESC1QTFVT"]

20 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

for the price its great. though its not amazing. 

No but the price reflects that and thus that is my point. Objectively this is how everything is priced, bar RGB covered products LMAO ????

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

On 5/15/2019 at 10:23 AM, GoldenLag said:

Get a B450 Pro4 or Steel Legends. 

Both solid boards for less than 100$

Agreed. I use a b450 pro4 and couldn't be happier with the quality

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9