2400g gpu issue

giwrgosp-

I bought recently a 2400g and Gskill 2800 8gb cl15 ram plus an Msi B450 gaming pro carbon ac and I oc'd gpu to 1500 and 1.15volts. Amd link and msi afterburner statistics say that gpu usage is at 65000 percent! Why could this happen? Is it possible that I damaged it during oc? Also on league of Legends I can't play stable mid settings at 120fps (I have 120hz monitor) and I see drops at 90 fps when my 550ti could get 120 stable with some drops at 105 fps. Also on stock clocks my 2400g gpu says it worjs at 500mhz during league of Legends but on benchmarks it works at  1250mhz. Could it be ram speed bottleneck? 

oof, I don't know what to tell you man. The usage reading sounds fucked but other than that, you should look for someone else with a similar build and compare settings/performance. APUs can pull off some decent frame rates but a physical GPU usually will have a sizable advantage. 

If you have a receipt you could always try to RMA it too. It's quite possible that you could argue a cpu fault based on the usage monitor and performance. I'd suggest that you don't mention ANY overclocking otherwise the warranty will be voided. 

18 minutes ago, Mbowen said:

oof, I don't know what to tell you man. The usage reading sounds fucked but other than that, you should look for someone else with a similar build and compare settings/performance. APUs can pull off some decent frame rates but a physical GPU usually will have a sizable advantage. 

If you have a receipt you could always try to RMA it too. It's quite possible that you could argue a cpu fault based on the usage monitor and performance. I'd suggest that you don't mention ANY overclocking otherwise the warranty will be voided. 

Yeah Im thinking about rma too.. They cant see if it has been overclocked, right? 

13 minutes ago, giwrgosp- said:

Yeah Im thinkinf about rma too.. They cant see if it has been overclocked, right? 

I don't believe so.

I'll tell you about my Intel RMA process since I was worried about a whole load of things. 

I bought a used i9 at one point in time, traded a lot of valuable hardware for it and when it didn't boot the guy vanished. But I was smart and asked for the original receipt and retail box and I sent it in for RMA. Usually they will ask for information like serial numbers on the chip's IHS and such, but those are only to identify batch numbers from their manufacturer to see if there is an unusually high fail rate or something like that. 

As far as I can tell, CPUs don't have any kind of nvram on them that could store information besides CPU name and such. During the rma they will ask you if you have ever overclocked the processor. When I went through the process, I just said "no, I bought the best one so I wouldn't have to." If I were you, I'd simply say something like "what's overclocking" and play like this is your first build. Just remember to "spread around the dumb" to the whole conversation. Don't spout off specs or advanced information when you supposedly don't know anything about OCing.

That question will also be asked about ram, also say no.

Then they'll offer what's called an "Advanced replacement" where they ship one immediately and you ship yours back so that you don't need to wait as long. If you go with this, they will put a pending transaction for the full cost of replacing the CPU on your credit/debit card and if they find that the damage is likely your fault (like water damage or something obvious) then they will actually charge the amount to the card and you basically just bought a new CPU. 

Or, you can send it out and wait for a replacement. I'd suggest this option because of your situation. Sensor damage can lead to throttling and all other sorts of nonsense. I'm not sure about their QC procedures but a sensor like that could probably slip through easily and not ever be noticed. So I'd suggest if you have a laptop or something, ship out the CPU for RMA if you can get them to agree to it and then use the laptop for a week while you wait for a return.

Also, don't mention afterburner or any other program for OC while you talk to them. Just say that the games weren't playing right and you checked the usage. Say it was something like HW Monitor. 

9 minutes ago, Mbowen said:

Also, don't mention afterburner or any other program for OC while you talk to them. Just say that the games weren't playing right and you checked the usage. Say it was something like HW Monitor. 

AMD link which is in the amd settings also says that I have that crazy usage. Thanks for the advice!! 

5 hours ago, Mbowen said:

NP! Good luck! (I'd love to know how this goes btw)

Just found out that on hwinfo the values are ok.. Should i guess that it is just software issue? I run furmark at oc settings for about 10 mins or more and everything was fine (temps went up to 68 degrees max)

Some software are just not working with the 2400G since people buying that APU don't look for crazy performance, it's a budget APU doing a great job.  I've never had issues using the BIOS to OC both the CPU and GPU side of the Ryzen, i was at 3.85mhz@1.30v on the CPU and 1450mhz@1.2v on GPU side. You can use Ryzen Master to fine tune and test your OC then adjust everything in the BIOS and test again. Also you should look for higher clocked RAM and a good air cooler, help lower temps and get the most out of this APU

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

1 hour ago, Mathieu9836 said:

Some software are just not working with the 2400G since people buying that APU don't look for crazy performance, it's a budget APU doing a great job.  I've never had issues using the BIOS to OC both the CPU and GPU side of the Ryzen, i was at 3.85mhz@1.30v on the CPU and 1450mhz@1.2v on GPU side. You can use Ryzen Master to fine tune and test your OC then adjust everything in the BIOS and test again. Also you should look for higher clocked RAM and a good air cooler, help lower temps and get the most out of this APU

Does ryzen Master have option to check the overall stability of the system? I found out today that during lol alt tab makes mouse lag. Also I had a Black screen.. All those during stock settings. I think im gonna need rma... 

There is no such fonction to my knowledge, if my memory is good i was having black screens when the GPU memory speed was just a bit too high, mine was not stable at 1500mhz, 1475 was a bit too much and 1450mhz worked just great. If you cant use it at 1300mhz then you have an issue other then that not all CPU handle speed the same way, silicon lotery as something to do with it.

You can use Heaven Benchmark or Valley Benchmark to stress the crap out of it, running 5 run of Cinebench R15 one after the other is a great way to stress the CPU side

EDIT: make sure all the drivers and windows is running properly

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

3 hours ago, Mathieu9836 said:

There is no such fonction to my knowledge, if my memory is good i was having black screens when the GPU memory speed was just a bit too high, mine was not stable at 1500mhz, 1475 was a bit too much and 1450mhz worked just great. If you cant use it at 1300mhz then you have an issue other then that not all CPU handle speed the same way, silicon lotery as something to do with it.

You can use Heaven Benchmark or Valley Benchmark to stress the crap out of it, running 5 run of Cinebench R15 one after the other is a great way to stress the CPU side

EDIT: make sure all the drivers and windows is running properly

Well i use furmark for gpu and i see no problems when it is running

Although i keep on getting some lag on my mouse from time to time and i dont know why...

May be CPU related or OS related, if you don't have issue running Furmark for an hour then GPU side is ok IMO. I know some times i get a tiny lag when opening task manager, it load the CPU for a short time but it not that bad. What is your score on benchmark R15? I'm running 825 at the least and usually around 850, but RAM speed as a lot to do with Ryzen CPUs

12 hours ago, Mathieu9836 said:

May be CPU related or OS related, if you don't have issue running Furmark for an hour then GPU side is ok IMO. I know some times i get a tiny lag when opening task manager, it load the CPU for a short time but it not that bad. What is your score on benchmark R15? I'm running 825 at the least and usually around 850, but RAM speed as a lot to do with Ryzen CPUs

On cinebench r20 i got about 1500. I installed a bit older gpu drivers and it seems to be working fine... My current settings btw are 3.85ghz @1.325volts and i could maybe do more like 1.3volts or 3.95ghz with some more voltage. Also gpu 1500Mhz@1.15volts also not tested for better results.

So does it seem to be working fine now or did you RMA it? 

31 minutes ago, Mbowen said:

So does it seem to be working fine now or did you RMA it? 

Well, it seems to be working ok. I will not RMA it cause i see it is stable during stress tests. APUs have always been a little bit problematic as far as my experience tells me. I think the fps drops are cause of the weakness of the cpu (or maybe bad optimization, i dont know)