i5 6600k with rtx 2070 bottleneck?

11 hours ago, fantasia. said:

I wouldn't get a 2700 or 2700x because 

1) depending on where you get the 7700(k) from, you might end up spending more on a cpu+mobo+ram combo rather than a CPU.

2) Zen 2 is coming and I think it's actually your best choice to just tough it out and wait for Zen 2 to get released this July.

Is there any speculation on performance they will have and more importantly price points?

13 hours ago, fantasia. said:

I wouldn't get a 2700 or 2700x because 

1) depending on where you get the 7700(k) from, you might end up spending more on a cpu+mobo+ram combo rather than a CPU.

2) Zen 2 is coming and I think it's actually your best choice to just tough it out and wait for Zen 2 to get released this July.

Also if 2700x is a very good pairing with the 2070 would it even be worth getting something newer and more expensive most likely?

13 hours ago, Picklekessel said:

Is there any speculation on performance they will have and more importantly price points?

it's already known that they're much more power efficient and they're going to have more cores but that's about it. It's likely that it'll be priced well since AMD has had a track record with good value CPUs and GPUs.

11 hours ago, Picklekessel said:

Also if 2700x is a very good pairing with the 2070 would it even be worth getting something newer and more expensive most likely?

It depends on what you're playing. A 2700x performs like a 8600k when they're both at stock for gaming. The 2700x will easily pull ahead for streaming and editing though. 

The 2070 is going to be a fantastic 1080p card and can also manage 1440p.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu