Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Picklekessel

i5 6600k with rtx 2070 bottleneck?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP
11 hours ago, fantasia. said:

I wouldn't get a 2700 or 2700x because 

 

1) depending on where you get the 7700(k) from, you might end up spending more on a cpu+mobo+ram combo rather than a CPU.

2) Zen 2 is coming and I think it's actually your best choice to just tough it out and wait for Zen 2 to get released this July.

Is there any speculation on performance they will have and more importantly price points?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, fantasia. said:

I wouldn't get a 2700 or 2700x because 

 

1) depending on where you get the 7700(k) from, you might end up spending more on a cpu+mobo+ram combo rather than a CPU.

2) Zen 2 is coming and I think it's actually your best choice to just tough it out and wait for Zen 2 to get released this July.

Also if 2700x is a very good pairing with the 2070 would it even be worth getting something newer and more expensive most likely?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Picklekessel said:

Is there any speculation on performance they will have and more importantly price points?

 

it's already known that they're much more power efficient and they're going to have more cores but that's about it. It's likely that it'll be priced well since AMD has had a track record with good value CPUs and GPUs.

 

11 hours ago, Picklekessel said:

Also if 2700x is a very good pairing with the 2070 would it even be worth getting something newer and more expensive most likely?

It depends on what you're playing. A 2700x performs like a 8600k when they're both at stock for gaming. The 2700x will easily pull ahead for streaming and editing though. 

 

The 2070 is going to be a fantastic 1080p card and can also manage 1440p.


PSU Tier List

 

  PCs and other things:

Spoiler

Current PC

CPU: AMD A8-6600k (@4.2Ghz)

GPU: GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX

Motherboard: GA-F2A78M-HD2 

RAM: 8gb Patriot DDR3-1600mhz

Storage: Samsung 830 EVO 120gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM 

PSU: SeaSonicM12II 620w (I wish I didn't buy this)

 Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB 

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP

Spoiler

New PC (getting parts)

CPU: i7-8086k [✓]

Cooling: EVGA CLC 280 RGB [✓]

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX [✓]

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO [✓]

RAM: XPG SPEXTRIX X41 2666mhz (Grey) [✓]

 Storage: T-Force Delta 250gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM [✓]

PSU: 650w+ and ranked well

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB [✓]

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP [✓]

Extra: Sky blue front panel, sky blue cable extensions [✓]

Spoiler

Other

Phone: Huawei Mate 10 Lite (China steal my data???)

Dog: Irish Water Spaniel, Lucy, 9 years old (I didn't know what to write)

School Laptop: Acer Chromebook R11 ((less RAM than my phone)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×