Am I being DDos/DoS'd?

-Nanashi

Hey there.

Last Monday, I was playing Counter-Strike Global Offensive and was put in a game with some toxic, younger gentlemen. After ignoring them, and trying to just play the game, I said one little comment and of them said I was going to be hit offline. Well, soon after I was hit offline for a little while, got everything rebooted and it was OK. Then it kept happening over and over.

Some more information to what's occurring:

• It appears that our internet is only being knocked offline whenever my personal desktop is online.
  • I can get away for a little while using a VPN on my desktop, but I still receive a large amount of packet loss, and the internet will eventually go down.
  • I've contacted my ISP to investigate, which was on Tuesday, and still haven't heard back from them.
  • I've attempted doing the ipconfig/release + ipconfig/renew several times, and it doesn't assign a new IP.
  • I've left the router off for over an hour, like some have suggested, to no avail.

I'm getting to a point of frustration where I can't enjoy a single game of anything, watch any YouTube Videos or simply do other hobbies on my PC. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(P.S. - My next thing I'm going to try is getting a new router tomorrow, something that isn't provided by the ISP, and see if that resolves the issue.)

Thanks in advance!

I would call the ISP and request a IP address change or for them to do something.. Not sure how many options you have but if they can't do anything maybe change ISP?

You could also try turning off all equipment (unplugging it) for the night as the longer you leave it off, the better your chances of getting a new IP address are..

You might also be able to change it in your router/network settings using a browser..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Are you sure your PC is not at fault? If you are getting DDoSd you would notice it when your desktop is off. Check task manager and see outbound traffic. 

Also dont bother trying to change your IP. ISPs DHCP tend to have their leases set to 7-30 days. 

Also block the user that you think is Dosing you and close steam when your not using it so no one can get your ip

In my experience "Getting DDoS'd" is bullshit. It's one of those gaming myths. Unless you are a high profile streamer or running services nobody is gonna bother and most of the time not even able to track you. Most ISPs have DDoS protection incoming and outgoing these days.

Yeah, you personally being DDoS'd is rather unlikely...

Like it was suggested, check your outgoing traffic, maybe use glasswire (slight plug :P) to analyze it further and see where that gets you.

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably