Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manchineel

How to do maintenance on headphones

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have two pairs of sennehiser headphones that both make creaking sounds from the hinges (the sound comes even if i dont play anything). does anyone know of a good source for figuring out how to safely disassemble headphones so I can oil these hinges or if anyone knows of another way to solve this issue. Honestly I am surprised to find that more people do not have this issue.

which headphones do you have? 

Main Desktop audio Setup topping d10---> monolith Alex Cavelli Liquid Spark--->Beyerdynamic dt 990 for gaming, Sennheiser hd 58x for everything else

My portable setup one plus 6T--->fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3

Other audio stuff you can feel free to ask about if you see me on the audio forum are AKG k240, AKG k 52, AKG y50bt, koss ksc 75, Sennheiser HD 4.40, Fiio e10k 

Posted · Original PosterOP
52 minutes ago, rice guru said:

which headphones do you have? 

I use the sennheiser PC37x and 6xx from massdrop/sennheiser

4 minutes ago, Manchineel said:

I use the sennheiser PC37x and 6xx from massdrop/sennheiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM2Cb0De1Y8 this seems to be a good teardown video for the 6xx careful with handling and placing that driver

Main Desktop audio Setup topping d10---> monolith Alex Cavelli Liquid Spark--->Beyerdynamic dt 990 for gaming, Sennheiser hd 58x for everything else

Other audio stuff you can feel free to ask about if you see me on the audio forum are AKG k240, AKG k 52, AKG y50bt, koss ksc 75, Sennheiser HD 4.40, Fiio e10k 

14 hours ago, Manchineel said:

I have two pairs of sennehiser headphones that both make creaking sounds from the hinges (the sound comes even if i dont play anything). does anyone know of a good source for figuring out how to safely disassemble headphones so I can oil these hinges or if anyone knows of another way to solve this issue. Honestly I am surprised to find that more people do not have this issue.

Look for videos online, then any plastic friendly oil on a rag works. then use sellotape to get all the dirt off the ear cups for cleaning.

Lol "you have too many speakers" giVe mE a bReAk