How to do maintenance on headphones

Manchineel

I have two pairs of sennehiser headphones that both make creaking sounds from the hinges (the sound comes even if i dont play anything). does anyone know of a good source for figuring out how to safely disassemble headphones so I can oil these hinges or if anyone knows of another way to solve this issue. Honestly I am surprised to find that more people do not have this issue.

52 minutes ago, rice guru said:

which headphones do you have? 

I use the sennheiser PC37x and 6xx from massdrop/sennheiser

14 hours ago, Manchineel said:

I have two pairs of sennehiser headphones that both make creaking sounds from the hinges (the sound comes even if i dont play anything). does anyone know of a good source for figuring out how to safely disassemble headphones so I can oil these hinges or if anyone knows of another way to solve this issue. Honestly I am surprised to find that more people do not have this issue.

Look for videos online, then any plastic friendly oil on a rag works. then use sellotape to get all the dirt off the ear cups for cleaning.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)