Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
r2724r16

Page moving up and down for no reason.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:53 PM, r2724r16 said:

Okay. But how come the page doesn't move up and down on PC?

Some browsers use scroll anchoring to adjust the scroll position automatically to prevent that from happening.

Posted · Original PosterOP

iPad Air 2 // iOS 12.2 // Chrome Version 74.0.3729.121

Issue started happening around 1 or 2 days ago for no particular reason.

In the video, I turn on my iPad (after restarting it), click Chrome, go straight onto the LTT forums, go onto my profile page, and then I click on a comment that I made on some thread. Right after the new page opens up, the page starts moving up and down (or something like that) when I'm not even touching my iPad.

Any ideas?

Intel® Xeon® X5675 @ 4.62 GHz 1.4V || NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 || ASUS P6X58-E WS || Crucial DDR3-1606 8-11-11-28 (2x4GB) || ASUS STRIX GTX 770 || Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD || WD Green 1TB 3.5" HDD (7.2K RPM) || Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) || Corsair AX860i & White CableMod ModFlex™ Cables || Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) || Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum || Logitech G27 Racing Wheel || Samsung 23.6" 1080p 60Hz PLS (OC'd to 75Hz) || CPU-Z Validation

That's because there's an embedded tweet loading higher up on that page, and as it loads it changes height, pushing the rest of the content down. It shouldn't happen on any other page.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

That's because there's an embedded tweet loading higher up on that page, and as it loads it changes height, pushing the rest of the content down. It shouldn't happen on any other page.

Makes sense.

But why does the page move up and down a few times? Shouldn't the tweet just open up and everything work normally?

Intel® Xeon® X5675 @ 4.62 GHz 1.4V || NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 || ASUS P6X58-E WS || Crucial DDR3-1606 8-11-11-28 (2x4GB) || ASUS STRIX GTX 770 || Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD || WD Green 1TB 3.5" HDD (7.2K RPM) || Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) || Corsair AX860i & White CableMod ModFlex™ Cables || Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) || Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum || Logitech G27 Racing Wheel || Samsung 23.6" 1080p 60Hz PLS (OC'd to 75Hz) || CPU-Z Validation

Just now, r2724r16 said:

Makes sense.

But why does the page move up and down a few times? Shouldn't the tweet just open up and everything work normally?

Embeds are quite difficult to work with, which causes them to go up and down a bit as it loads.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

20 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Embeds are quite difficult to work with, which causes them to go up and down a bit as it loads.

Posted · Best Answer
On 5/15/2019 at 8:53 PM, r2724r16 said:

Some browsers use scroll anchoring to adjust the scroll position automatically to prevent that from happening.