Best audio headphones for up to 100€ or 112$

TristanK

Hello everyone, So I am buying my father a pair of headphones but I am unsure which ones to get. I am looking for some good sounding over ear headphones that are comfortable and durable. My standard for build quality and comfort is they have to be least as good as Kingston HyperX Cloud 2. In sound department, well the clearer sound they have the better. He will be using them for youtube, music and movies. I do not want them to have too much of a base. Just normal levels all around.

If anyone can help and suggest some good headphones with those specs It would make me very happy :) .  Price range up to 100€ or 112$

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

2 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

HD 559s?

or HD 579.

I heard 559s have a lot of bass and that they clamp on your head a bit much. you know anything about that? What about headphones from audio techica or akg at that price rane that are over ear?

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-gsp-300

I have the bigger brother of this (GSP 600) and it's an awesome headset. The GSP 300 has great reviews too and one of the best you can get in that price range. And it's sennheiser and they are usually spot on with everything they do.

Things that stand out on the GSP series for me is:

A. The build quality is exceptional. It's built like a tank and feels like one.

B. The sound is very bass heavy, but there's a good enough balance to suit all uses, I can hear footsteps well but also get the immersive side with the heavy bass for explosions.

C. The mic is one of the best in-built mics on a headset that you can get. And probably the best in the GSP 300's price range.

3 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-gsp-300

I have the bigger brother of this (GSP 600) and it's an awesome headset. The GSP 300 has great reviews too and one of the best you can get in that price range. And it's sennheiser and they are usually spot on with everything they do.

Please do not give me suggestions to gaming headsets. Headset will be used for music, movies and youtube only.

Specs: 

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, TristanK said:

I heard 559s have a lot of bass and that they clamp on your head a bit much. you know anything about that? What about headphones from audio techica or akg at that price rane that are over ear?

they'll be fine, another good reccomendation is the ATH-M40x. Honestly, unless he has great ears, ATH-M20x is fine for his purposes

13 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

they'll be fine, another good reccomendation is the ATH-M40x. Honestly, unless he has great ears, ATH-M20x is fine for his purposes

I haven’t tried the M20x and I don’t have the best ears. But I do enjoy the AKG K92 quite a lot. It’s lightweight, comfy and sounds pretty decent. And it’s only $50. I don’t know why the online reviews are so lukewarm because they do everything well for a $50 headphone.