LARP fact checking etc...

In a bid to make the most plausible currentish data processing centre for a live action roleplay character I took to list building, this is not for an actual build but does need to be theoretically functional. 

I'm looking for help making sure I haven't forgotten anything other than cables which can just be considered available. 

It meant to be a way over the top GPU accelerated real time Encryption/Decryption server / Data Processing machine. 

<link removed>

EDIT: I noticed I forgot a keyboard and mouse already. 

Rack: Orion 24U Acoustic Rack

Case: SuperMicro 847E26-RJBOD1 45
CPU: Intel Xeon W-2195
Motherboard: Gigabyte MW51-HPO 

Power: Two Intel AXX1300TCRPS + APC Smart-UPS Dual Conversion Online UPS 8000VA Tower Sealed Lead Acid SRT8KXLI

GPU: Two nVidia Quadro RTX 8000 + NVLink
Main Storage: M.2 PCIE NVME SSD 1TB+
Main OS: Windows Server + Additional Cores
Firewall: SonicWALL NSA 6600
NEtwork Switch: Netgear M4300
Network Card: Two Mellanox MCX456A-EC ConnectX-4 VPI adapter card, EDR IB (100Gb/s) and 100GbE, dual-port QSFP28, PCIe3.0 x16
Mass Storage: 45 10TB+ Mechanical Drives (RAID 60 configured)

Edited by The_Vincent
Link Removed

11 minutes ago, The_Vincent said:

EDIT: I noticed I forgot a keyboard and mouse already. 

I would suggest use pcpartpicker.com to help with your build; between parametric filters so oyu dont pick incompatible parts and shopping multiple sites for the best price, there's almost no reason not to use it

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Ive removed your link, please include the list her in your post or use pcpartpicker.com. We dont allow unverified links to documents as there is a risk invovlved. This protects the community.

Thank-you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Problem I had was PCPartpicker just didn't have the parts in it's database, so I just used the Scan.co.uk lists feature it wasn't to a document but to a webpage ?

EDIT* Updated with a list.

Edited by The_Vincent

Just so that I understand you correctly.

This is not a real build, correct? Nobody will buy this, and it doesn't really have to be functional. Or is this a list for an actual build?

The most noticeable issue I can see is that you have no SFPs for your firewall or switch. It's generally not best practice to mix vendors like that either (SonicWall and Netgear). You usually try to stick to one vendor.

20 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Just so that I understand you correctly.

This is not a real build, correct? Nobody will buy this, and it doesn't really have to be functional. Or is this a list for an actual build?

The most noticeable issue I can see is that you have no SFPs for your firewall or switch. It's generally not best practice to mix vendors like that either (SonicWall and Netgear). You usually try to stick to one vendor.

Yes not to be actually bought, but it is meant to be theoretically useable if someone where to put it together. 

Do you have some suggestions for solving the lack of SFPs and cross brand issue ? 

14 minutes ago, The_Vincent said:

Yes not to be actually bought, but it is meant to be theoretically useable if someone where to put it together. 

Do you have some suggestions for solving the lack of SFPs and cross brand issue ? 

SFPs are the modules you put into the large ports in the switch and firewall you picked. They are kind of like an adapter which allows you to hook fiber into your gear. 

I guess you could ignore them and just go with "it belongs to cabling which already exists", but it is a significant cost. They are also often times vendor specific (officialy at least).