What Antivirus ?

What Antivirus should i chose ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What Antivirus should i chose ?

i need a new antivirus because i had Avast before but i think it was slowing down my pc idk.

So feel free to recomend something on this list or something different.

Thanks. :)

what you most likely are looking for is anti-malware software since Windows Defender is a decent AV. 

as such im going to point you towards Malwarebytes

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

what you most likely are looking for is anti-malware software since Windows Defender is a decent AV. 

as such im going to point you towards Malwarebytes

well really i want a antivirus that wont kill my pc and it has free trial to test it. :D
And can i just keep it on Windows Defender really ??

have a friend who works for malwarebytes, gets me free subscription :D

Bitdefender + Malwarebytes and you should be good

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

have a friend who works for malwarebytes, gets me free subscription :D

Lucky you hahah :D hook me up lol

Just now, PCLSQ said:

Bitdefender + Malwarebytes and you should be good

do i need 2 of them at the same time ?

Just now, BojanM said:

well really i want a antivirus that wont kill my pc and it has free trial to test it. :D

run 2 things

Antivirus:   Windows Defender

Anti-Malware:    MalwareBytes. 

there is a small difference, but AntiMalware offers more general protection. and Windows defender covers the rest. so id just get Malwarebytes. no need for any extra since Windows defender comes with windows. 

1 minute ago, BojanM said:

And can i just keep it on Windows Defender really ??

yeah for the free option windows defender is pretty decent. If you don't mind paying and need more features you should checkout bitdefender.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

run 2 things

Antivirus:   Windows Defender

Anti-Malware:    MalwareBytes. 

there is a small difference, but AntiMalware offers more general protection. and Windows defender covers the rest. so id just get Malwarebytes. no need for any extra since Windows defender comes with windows. 

Okay thanks :D

Just now, BojanM said:

do i need 2 of them at the same time ?

one is Anti-Virus

one is Anti-Malware

there is a small difference. but essentially Windows Defender covers the Anti-Virus part. and Malwarebytes covers the Anti-malware part. its all you need to be covered. 

1 minute ago, PCLSQ said:

yeah for the free option windows defender is pretty decent. If you don't mind paying and need more features you should checkout bitdefender.

i mean, he allready gets most of those features through Malwarebytes. and what you end up paying for is slightly faster threat library updates. 

which isnt the biggest concern. 

So am i good with a free trial of Malwarebytes for now or should i buy the licence ?

Just now, BojanM said:

So am i good with a free trial of Malwarebytes for now or should i buy the licence ?

do you want active protection or not? that is the only difference. 

personally only run Windows defender and free malwarebytes. then i do a search using Malwarebytes every now and then. 

i mean, he allready gets most of those features through Malwarebytes. and what you end up paying for is slightly faster threat library updates. 

which isnt the biggest concern. 

I get what you're saying but I have to disagree. some of the features of Bitdefender are pretty sweet. I personally don't use it but installed it on my parents laptops and I can monitor them from anywhere and update/scan when I need to. Also autopilot makes sure they can't screw up anything lol

and one more thing is it important to install it to C drive or is anything okay  ?

Just now, PCLSQ said:

I get what you're saying but I have to disagree. some of the features of Bitdefender are pretty sweet. I personally don't use it but installed it on my parents laptops and I can monitor them from anywhere and update/scan when I need to. Also autopilot makes sure they can't screw up anything lol

that is a neat feature i guess. 

do you want active protection or not? that is the only difference. 

personally only run Windows defender and free malwarebytes. then i do a search using Malwarebytes every now and then. 

Like GoldenLag said free should be fine. make it a habbit of manually scanning every week and the odd scan when you think something is wrong.

Just now, BojanM said:

and one more thing is it important to install it to C drive or is anything okay  ?

i would keep it on the OS drive, though i dont think its mandatory. its a fairly small software package, so i dont see why you wouldnt install it there. 

Kaspersky. is free for  1 year and its proactive instead of reactive.

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

Okay i installed Malwarebytes for now Thanks Guys :D i appreciate it

1 minute ago, PCLSQ said:

Like GoldenLag said free should be fine. make it a habbit of manually scanning every week and the odd scan when you think something is wrong.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

that is a neat feature i guess. 

3 minutes ago, BojanM said:

Okay i installed Malwarebytes for now Thanks Guys :D i appreciate it

you should seriously reconsider. those programs are only effective if you run them instead of always on blocking stuff before it even gets to the door. the way they work you must be infected first. unlike kaspersky. or the big brother of them all Norton

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

12 minutes ago, unsungheroist said:

you should seriously reconsider. those programs are only effective if you run them instead of always on blocking stuff before it even gets to the door. the way they work you must be infected first. unlike kaspersky. or the big brother of them all Norton

Norton is utter shite ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Ill be honest I have been using windows security since it originally came out . . . not  one  issue  since.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

12 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Ill be honest I have been using windows security since it originally came out . . . not  one  issue  since.

I typically stick with Windows Defender, or I go BitDefender if I'm going to pay for something.

Kaspersky is/was good too, but there's been a bit too much controversy about the Mother Land interfering for my tastes (And BitDefender was always just as good anyway).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)