TV supporting Dolby Atoms and gaming console.

Too keep things short; I bougth an LG TV that includes Dolby Atmos and next thing I will do is to buy a gaming console and I am atm comparing PS4 Pro and Xbox one X with eachother.

My questions on this topic however is as follows:
-  Xbox One X supports Dolby Atmos as far as I know, but is that only if you have a TV that includes Dolby atoms?
- Will my TV enable Dolby Atmos while gaming regardless if I am playing on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X? (in that case does the Dobly Atoms feature that Xbox have really matter in my case? Keeping in mind that my TV already includes Dolby Atmos)

Tv I got is: LG 55'' SK8100PLA
I hope these questions make sense and that I might find the answear I seek. 

1 hour ago, Kryppan said:

Too keep things short; I bougth an LG TV that includes Dolby Atoms and next thing I will do is to buy a gaming console and I am atm comparing PS4 Pro and Xbox one X with eachother.

My questions on this topic however is as follows:
-  Xbox One X supports Dolby Atoms as far as I know, but is that only if you have a TV that includes Dolby atoms?
- Will my TV enable Dolby Atoms while gaming regardless if I am playing on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X? (in that case does the Dobly Atoms feature that Xbox have really matter in my case? Keeping in mind that my TV already includes Dolby Atoms)

I hope these questions make sense and that I might find the answear I seek. 

I take it you mean Dolby Atmos, what tv is it? it probably just supports dolby atmos ARC

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

3 hours ago, Derkoli said:

I take it you mean Dolby Atmos, what tv is it? it probably just supports dolby atmos ARC

Oh yeah sorry, I mean Atmos ofc.

The TV is an LG 55SK8100PLA. Never heard about the dolby atmos ARC, they just mention dolby atmos as included.

1 hour ago, Kryppan said:

Oh yeah sorry, I mean Atmos ofc.

The TV is an LG 55SK8100PLA. Never heard about the dolby atmos ARC, they just mention dolby atmos as included.

That is very weird as it states its only 2.0 but dolby atmos? odd. Unless its using a codec that supports atmos maybe? ill do some digging.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

16 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

That is very weird as it states its only 2.0 but dolby atmos? odd. Unless its using a codec that supports atmos maybe? ill do some digging.

You most likely knows alot more then I do on this topic, dolby atmos is completely new ground for me. I only know some of the benefits and what small stuff I've heard from the market.

Thank you for helping me tho, I appreciate the effort.

2 minutes ago, Kryppan said:

You most likely knows alot more then I do on this topic, dolby atmos is completely new ground for me. I only know some of the benefits and what small stuff I've heard from the market.

Thank you for helping me tho, I appreciate the effort.

Just had a look, it supports atmos through the ARC channel. Dolby Atmos being included is only it supporting atmos, it has stereo (2.0) speakers built in

3 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Just had a look, it supports atmos through the ARC channel. Dolby Atmos being included is only it supporting atmos, it has stereo (2.0) speakers built in

Ahh I see, so with the right speakers, headphones etc  the TV would bring me the benefits of Atmos I guess. 

So apparentely the Xbox One X supports Dolby Atmos. But because my TV now also supports Atmos I would not gain any benefits of the Xbox One X having support for Atmos aswell right? For example, if I got the Xbox One X with my TV that supports Dolby atmos it would not make the sound better just because they both supports it or they wouldnt benefit eachothers? 

All I am thinking now is that it all depends on which one I use to channel my sound through. Even If I didnt get Xbox One X and gets the PS4 Pro instead, I could still benefit as much from Dolby Atmos through my TV?

10 minutes ago, Kryppan said:

Ahh I see, so with the right speakers, headphones etc  the TV would bring me the benefits of Atmos I guess. 

So apparentely the Xbox One X supports Dolby Atmos. But because my TV now also supports Atmos I would not gain any benefits of the Xbox One X having support for Atmos aswell right? For example, if I got the Xbox One X with my TV that supports Dolby atmos it would not make the sound better just because they both supports it or they wouldnt benefit eachothers? 

All I am thinking now is that it all depends on which one I use to channel my sound through. Even If I didnt get Xbox One X and gets the PS4 Pro instead, I could still benefit as much from Dolby Atmos through my TV?

To get atmos you'd need an atmos receiver, the xbox will support the amount of bandwidth needed for all the audio over the hdmi. same with the tv.

8 hours ago, Derkoli said:

To get atmos you'd need an atmos receiver, the xbox will support the amount of bandwidth needed for all the audio over the hdmi. same with the tv.

Okay, I understand, ty.