OnePlus 7 Pro is official - 90Hz QHD OLED display, retractable FFC, up to 12GB of memory

D13H4RD
1 hour ago, D13H4RD said:

Looks like the standard OnePlus 7 is probably the better bet for battery, since it has a slightly larger battery and doesn't require an extra interface which adds to the power draw. 

I agree on the first part but the Pro does have an extra 300 mAh over the regular 7 unless I misunderstood what you meant by bigger battery.

Everyone's about to find out in 3-6 months that moving parts in a phone is a bad idea

16 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Yeah, this is the biggest price increase they’ve had.

Honestly, minus no IP and Qi, it looks alright for the price but I can see why OP fans would be annoyed.

I'm more concerned with why the regular OP7 isn't being sold in the US.

It appears to be pretty much the same price as the 6T.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I must say I like this one a lot. Especially since it has a popup front camera. Which means it would never open with me while having clean big screen. Only slight bummer is the lack of Qi charging, but isn't a game breaker. It's a flagship phone with a much lower price tag.

Its flagship priced yet has worse battery life than other phones in the same price range, and no Qi charging, headphone jack or microSD slot is kinda disappointing IMO.

It will be interesting to find out the battery deficit when Anandtech does their review. I hope they do a head to head. So far all the reviews have been all over the place on the battery life and no one has gone in depth with the hardware side of the new display. 

I just checked and you can actually see a preview of the effect (if Andrei is correct in regards to dual MIPI) by looking at his Mate 20 Pro review. It adds a baseline extra 200 mW to display power consumption (at idle even and it seems to increase with brightness) in his review. Apparently Samsung uses compression because 1440p60 requires too much bandwidth. So either they're not using compression or compression just isn't enough. I just can't seem to find hard numbers on bandwidth and compression.

Really awesome phone overall. So glad they made display complete and not scuffed. The better quality of it with higher refresh rate is amazing. Camera setup is great, stereo speakers as well. It's a really speedy phone the software is just well made. Also the UFS 3.0 helps definitely. 

The maxed out RAM and storage model is even a little jump in price. This phone as is is really a great competitor to other much more expesive flagships indeed. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

6 hours ago, Trixanity said:

I agree on the first part but the Pro does have an extra 300 mAh over the regular 7 unless I misunderstood what you meant by bigger battery.

My mistake. I initially thought it had a 4150mAh battery. Turned out it had a 3700mAh battery 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Makes me wish the S10e came with Oxygen OS

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>