Best way to remove dent in dust cap

JHurley7nrx

Hello,

I have some speakers that have a pretty bad dent in the dust cap and nothing has worked, I have tried sellotape, sucking the dust cap with mouth, only thing I haven't tried is with a hoover but i'm too scared to do that because I may rip off the dust cap off. 

20190514_123422.jpg

Judging from the photo, trying to remove that "dent" (mild term for that much damage) would probably destroy the cap due to all that cracking or creasing. You would be better off to just leave it alone and live with it.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

4 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Judging from the photo, trying to remove that "dent" (mild term for that much damage) would probably destroy the cap due to all that cracking or creasing. You would be better off to just leave it alone and live with it.

oh ok then, anyway cheers for the rapid responses   

On 5/14/2019 at 12:39 PM, JHurley7nrx said:

Hello,

I have some speakers that have a pretty bad dent in the dust cap and nothing has worked, I have tried sellotape, sucking the dust cap with mouth, only thing I haven't tried is with a hoover but i'm too scared to do that because I may rip off the dust cap off. 

20190514_123422.jpg

If you can remove the driver, it MIGHT have a vented pole piece, in which case you can put a small rod of wood or metal or something up through the motor assembly to push the dust cap out from the back.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)