Which is "better"...

aBrokeGamer

So I am getting a new phone and cannot decide what to choose, so need some professional eyes.

Stuck choosing between Samsung Galaxy A30 and Huawei P30 lite. LINK TO GSM

Also if something better available please recommend in same price range.

Thanks! ❤️

19 minutes ago, aBrokeGamer said:

So I am getting a new phone and cannot decide what to choose, so need some professional eyes.

Stuck choosing between Samsung Galaxy A30 and Huawei P30 lite. LINK TO GSM

Also if something better available please recommend in same price range.

Thanks! ❤️

This depends on your use case, P30 lite is undoubtedly faster, with better cameras, more internal storage, and a dual SIM slot to boot. But it is a Chinese phone made by a company with direct ties to the CCP, and it also lacks an OLED display, and has a smaller battery. If you are fine with the CCP having the ability to track your every move, and the risk of them tampering your phone in a conflict or even disabling it, and don't care for the more vibrant colors of an OLED or the larger battery, then grab the P30 lite. Otherwise grab the A30

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

would have a look at the google pixel 3a if it has good pricing in your region. 

8 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

This depends on your use case, P30 lite is undoubtedly faster, with better cameras, more internal storage, and a dual SIM slot to boot. But it is a Chinese phone made by a company with direct ties to the CCP, and it also lacks an OLED display, and has a smaller battery. If you are fine with the CCP having the ability to track your every move, and the risk of them tampering your phone in a conflict or even disabling it, and don't care for the more vibrant colors of an OLED or the larger battery, then grab the P30 lite. Otherwise grab the A30

Please don't feed the OP misinformation.  While I can understand some concerns about Huawei, there's no evidence that it intends to spy on people through their phones, let alone disable those phones if things get ugly.  The OP just has to be comfortable knowing that Huawei kinda-sorta has the Chinese government's blessing (though it's not directly tied to the CCP, as you claim).

4 hours ago, Commodus said:

Please don't feed the OP misinformation.  While I can understand some concerns about Huawei, there's no evidence that it intends to spy on people through their phones, let alone disable those phones if things get ugly.  The OP just has to be comfortable knowing that Huawei kinda-sorta has the Chinese government's blessing (though it's not directly tied to the CCP, as you claim).

It is not misinformation,  in this case the *CEO/founder is a high ranking member in the CCP (I don't know how much more direct it gets), otherwise they would have been taxed/regulated out of oblivion, in China if you want to get big you got to know the right people, and Chinese law dictates that the government (controlled by the CCP) can force companies to change products, spy ,build backdoors, handover personal information, and install kill switches into devices. *Here is an article on him from Chinese state run media but do note no matter what he says he can't avoid that law if the CCP wants him to spy/hack/steal or anything else.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

It is not misinformation,  in this case the *CEO/founder is a high ranking member in the CCP (I don't know how much more direct it gets), otherwise they would have been taxed/regulated out of oblivion, in China if you want to get big you got to know the right people, and Chinese law dictates that the government (controlled by the CCP) can force companies to change products, spy ,build backdoors, handover personal information, and install kill switches into devices. *Here is an article on him from Chinese state run media but do note no matter what he says he can't avoid that law if the CCP wants him to spy/hack/steal or anything else.

Here's the problem: you're dealing in a lot of half-truths, and those errors and omissions amount to a big deal.

Ren Zhengfei signed up as a member of the CCP, but he's not a high-ranking member (the article you linked shows as much).  Also, he's only a co-CEO -- the primary leadership has rotated regularly since 2012.  It's fairly evident that he's in a backseat role.

Also, and this is important: there's a difference between the Chinese government technically having the power to dictate surveillance and actual proof that Huawei is doing it.  You can't just assume they're doing it or will do it, you have to show that it's happening or highly likely to happen.  And like it or not, it's a complicated situation.  Even if China would like built-in surveillance, it also has to weigh that against supporting a major business.  Does it really want to lose customers by mandating spy software that would almost certainly be spotted by security researchers, whether it's tomorrow or a couple of years from now?

This isn't even denying that the Chinese government may have given Huawei boosts now and then.  But you're not dealing in realism, nuance and subtlety; you're shouting "all Huawei devices are Chinese spy tools" and basically saying the OP would be a pawn in the CCP's schemes if they bought a Huawei phone.  Er, no.  There's no evidence the P30 Lite is an eavesdropping device, there's no indication that's likely to change, and remotely disabling phones in the middle of a conflict would be ineffective at best.

43 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Also, and this is important: there's a difference between the Chinese government technically having the power to dictate surveillance and actual proof that Huawei is doing it.  You can't just assume they're doing it or will do it, you have to show that it's happening or highly likely to happen.  And like it or not, it's a complicated situation.  Even if China would like built-in surveillance, it also has to weigh that against supporting a major business.  Does it really want to lose customers by mandating spy software that would almost certainly be spotted by security researchers, whether it's tomorrow or a couple of years from now?

Have you heard of Sesame credit or Chinese technology theft (sorry for the quick articles, I am spending most of my time helping people with issues, so at the moment I do not have time to get my sources straight)? These phones are designed from the ground up to spy on Chinese nationals, and I would not be surprised if the PLA used these built in systems exploited the backdoors already intended to be used on their populous for cyber espionage. Plus I would not trust Huawei after the Akhan incident during CES.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

This isn't even denying that the Chinese government may have given Huawei boosts now and then.  But you're not dealing in realism, nuance and subtlety; you're shouting "all Huawei devices are Chinese spy tools" and basically saying the OP would be a pawn in the CCP's schemes if they bought a Huawei phone.  Er, no.  There's no evidence the P30 Lite is an eavesdropping device, there's no indication that's likely to change, and remotely disabling phones in the middle of a conflict would be ineffective at best.

.... Well... I am not saying that they are being used for spying, at the same time I am not saying that they are not. What I am saying is they can be a critical vulnerability from an entity whom you are giving the means, and there is a likely chance that they have a motive to use it. It's a risk and I am presenting that to OP with what little time I have, the best of my abilities, the OP can take or leave it, such is their choice.