Mixer help...

Go to solution Solved by kasugatei,

I would suggest you to use Yamaha for both input and output. You can use "monitor out" section for connecting your desktop speakers, and you can find how to configure the setup according to your needs at the bottom of the manual (Rear panel USB section). Basically this mixer is stereo input and stereo output only audio interface (when using USB). All inputs are mixed into 2 (stereo) channels.  You would have to route channel 9/10 (stereo channel) to receive audio via USB and send that to monitor out section. Use something like this to connect your 3.5mm speaker plug:

https://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Female-6-35mm-Splitter-35FM-2x635M/dp/B017IKKN3I

In this setup you can easily route guitar -> ch_x input -> amplifier emulation software -> ch_9/10 -> speakers. Also, all inputs are combo XLR jacks so you don't need 6.3mm to XLR cable at all. Just standard 6.3mm to 6.3mm guitar cable will work (just like you have in the diagram). 

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me with my mixer and audio setup. I'm kind of new to this, hence why I'm asking the community for help and trust me, I tried looking it up on youtube but to no avail have I found an easy video that fully explained it to me.

I recently bought a Mixer (YAMAHA MG10XU) to go along with my Audio Technica AT2035.

Now, this mixer can be directly connected to my computer through its USB cable and my mic works totally fine by communicating with the computer and going from XLR cable-Mic > Mixer > Computer.

Sounds checks alright and it works like a charm.

My problem is, I want to invest in an electric guitar so I'd imagine I put my XLR cable into my mixer like this: XLR cable-Guitar > Mixer > Computer.

However, I want to hear what I'm playing. So don't I need some cables for Stereo Out since my speakers aren't connected to the mixer. I don't know how to communicate from input to mixer out from speaker.

I'd also like to keep my headphones connected to my PC and be able to hear my guitar sound since I'll be substituting my mixer as an amp (God knows how, but it should be possible).

According to my manual, there is nothing that says anything about normal, traditional 3.5 mm stereo speakers (Logitech speakers). I simply want to make the setup go from Guitar > Mixer > Speaker (Sound out).

I'll attach some pictures of the inputs available on my motherboard along with the manual and my mixer inputs. Please be patient with me... I just can't wrap my head around this.

manual.jpg

mixer.jpg

mobo.jpg

I would suggest you to use Yamaha for both input and output. You can use "monitor out" section for connecting your desktop speakers, and you can find how to configure the setup according to your needs at the bottom of the manual (Rear panel USB section). Basically this mixer is stereo input and stereo output only audio interface (when using USB). All inputs are mixed into 2 (stereo) channels.  You would have to route channel 9/10 (stereo channel) to receive audio via USB and send that to monitor out section. Use something like this to connect your 3.5mm speaker plug:

In this setup you can easily route guitar -> ch_x input -> amplifier emulation software -> ch_9/10 -> speakers. Also, all inputs are combo XLR jacks so you don't need 6.3mm to XLR cable at all. Just standard 6.3mm to 6.3mm guitar cable will work (just like you have in the diagram). 

16 hours ago, Niksa said:

Thank you so much for your assistance! I have now successfully hooked up speakers, microphone and headphones!

The only slight problem I found was that raising the audio level created this high pitched sound so I can't unfortunately go over the volume of 5 (this is already acceptable sounds). Again, thank you so much Niksa. Hopefully I should have no problems with my future guitar. I wish you well.