Razer Nommo Chroma Hissing?

Fictionvl

Hello LTT,

I recently bought a pair of Razer Nommo Chroma, to replace my Logitech Z213. 

My set-up is to use the receiver for my Arctis 7 to connect the 3.5mm AUX cable to it so I can seamlessly switch between my headset and the speakers.

but when I did that and turned on the speakers I got a hissing sound, so I connected it directly to my motherboard audio jack and it worked totally fine, even though my older speakers didn't have this issue.

Now it works fine when it's connected to the PC, but I can't switch between the Headset and the Speakers seamlessly anymore. I have to go through the sound option in windows to switch, if anyone can help me with this I would be thankful. 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

2 hours ago, Fictionvl said:

Hello LTT,

I recently bought a pair of Razer Nommo Chroma, to replace my Logitech Z213. 

My set-up is to use the receiver for my Arctis 7 to connect the 3.5mm AUX cable to it so I can seamlessly switch between my headset and the speakers.

but when I did that and turned on the speakers I got a hissing sound, so I connected it directly to my motherboard audio jack and it worked totally fine, even though my older speakers didn't have this issue.

Now it works fine when it's connected to the PC, but I can't switch between the Headset and the Speakers seamlessly anymore. I have to go through the sound option in windows to switch, if anyone can help me with this I would be thankful. 

Try and plug the pc and speakers into a different ground loop, it sounds like a group loop issue.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

59 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Try and plug the pc and speakers into a different ground loop, it sounds like a group loop issue.

Please explain what you mean by group loop. I have all my wires tucked into a sleeve for cable managment.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

17 hours ago, Fictionvl said:

Please explain what you mean by group loop. I have all my wires tucked into a sleeve for cable managment.

ground loops are generally by floor, a ground loop is the loop of ground wire in your house. try plugging the pc into a different room, or even better, a different floor

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 5/14/2019 at 9:55 PM, Derkoli said:

ground loops are generally by floor, a ground loop is the loop of ground wire in your house. try plugging the pc into a different room, or even better, a different floor

So a quick update on this topic, the Razer Nommo is just bad, I went back to the store after trying everything, and tried a 2 different pairs, same issue, then I got a Logitech G560 which not only had an amazing sound, but also no hissing what so ever.

lets just say that Razer should stick to making mice and keyboards.

12 hours ago, Fictionvl said:

So a quick update on this topic, the Razer Nommo is just bad, I went back to the store after trying everything, and tried a 2 different pairs, same issue, then I got a Logitech G560 which not only had an amazing sound, but also no hissing what so ever.

lets just say that Razer should stick to making mice and keyboards.

I agree that razer should stick to keyboards and mice.. even the chroma pro for 500 pounds you can get awesome speakers for 500 from swan or polk or even dali.