Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Klouuse

Looking for a new Smartphone

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,

I recently broke my phone (shattered glass, still usable) and I was willing to buy myself a new Android phone.

The phone should have:

- A good camera

- high resolution

- good audio

 

I don't really have a budget, aslong as it 

I thought about getting the Huawei p30 pro, but I heard it had some issues with the software and the selfie camera.

 

Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

GOOGLE PIXEL 3 XL 64GB!


CPU:i7 9700k, Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC, Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, SSD mushkin chronos 120GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB, PSU:Corsair CS 650 M Gold, Display(s): LG 27UK600-W HDR10 4K, Samsung P2470HD, , Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T, Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire, Mouse:Razer Naga Mouse 2014Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma, Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the Mate 20 Pro. Slightly cheaper than other flagships since it's a 2018 phone but the cameras and the battery life are really good. 2k amoled screen is great, I'm happy with the audio but it's not the best compared to other top phones.


This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Linusinium said:

I bought the Mate 20 Pro. Slightly cheaper than other flagships since it's a 2018 phone but the cameras and the battery life are really good. 2k amoled screen is great, I'm happy with the audio but it's not the best compared to other top phones.

Don’t know about the Mate, but the P20 Pro is very slow from my experience with it. It’s noticeably more sluggish than an iPhone 8 or Xr.


My PC Build! | Cool links: Droidbot's SSD Tier List | STRMfrmXMN's PSU Tier List

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel Z. said:

Don’t know about the Mate, but the P20 Pro is very slow from my experience with it. It’s noticeably more sluggish than an iPhone 8 or Xr.

The latest updates need a bit tweaking, and that's fucked up since Huawei is calling iPhone users to join the Android (Huawei UI) experience, anyway the P20 Pro isn't near the Mate 20 Pro in performance, screen, battery life and cameras, it's one of the best phones out there but a bit too big imo, P20 Pro would be like the Mate 10

@Klouuse Budget? If you have no budget and need good audio (headphones: LG V40, speakers: Razer/Asus phones and LG V50), good screen (Samsung S8/S9/S10, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is amazing too, idk about the LG G8 tho) and good camera (iPhone XS, Google Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3 XL, Samsung S9/S10...) You can get pretty budget phones for around 300 euros so it's up to you the budget

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

Don’t know about the Mate, but the P20 Pro is very slow from my experience with it. It’s noticeably more sluggish than an iPhone 8 or Xr.

I ended up saving some money compared to an S10 and other flagships since the Mate can be had for under $700. Didn't think anything could pry me away from Snapdragon based phones but very impressed with Kirin. If you plan to unlock the bootloader, other brands are better than Huawei in that regard. Also if you are in the US, you lose warranty options compared to other brands. Despite all of these flaws, it was the best option for me. The new one plus 7 pro just launched yesterday, you should consider that phone too.

 

 


This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, PacketMan said:

The latest updates need a bit tweaking, and that's fucked up since Huawei is calling iPhone users to join the Android (Huawei UI) experience, anyway the P20 Pro isn't near the Mate 20 Pro in performance, screen, battery life and cameras, it's one of the best phones out there but a bit too big imo, P20 Pro would be like the Mate 10

@Klouuse Budget? If you have no budget and need good audio (headphones: LG V40, speakers: Razer/Asus phones and LG V50), good screen (Samsung S8/S9/S10, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is amazing too, idk about the LG G8 tho) and good camera (iPhone XS, Google Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3 XL, Samsung S9/S10...) You can get pretty budget phones for around 300 euros so it's up to you the budget

No,I don't really have a budget. As long as it's not over 1500 (not rich enough for the galaxy fold) I can afford it :D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 5/13/2019 at 8:26 PM, Daniel Z. said:

Either the Oneplus 7 when it comes out (wait for reviews though) or the iPhone XR successor. I know you said Android, but as a former android user, the transfer is very smooth and 100% worth it.

Problem is if you bought some apps on Android, then you have to buy them on IOS again (as far as I know).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Klouuse said:

Problem is if you bought some apps on Android, then you have to buy them on IOS again (as far as I know).

Yeah, that's the case -- assuming there isn't a free equivalent that will do the trick, of course.  And subscription services will carry over as long as there's an iOS app.  It might be worthwhile if you only have a few paid apps, but if you have a whole bunch, it's a tougher call.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 11:03 PM, Klouuse said:

Hello,

I recently broke my phone (shattered glass, still usable) and I was willing to buy myself a new Android phone.

The phone should have:

- A good camera

- high resolution

- good audio

 

I don't really have a budget, aslong as it 

I thought about getting the Huawei p30 pro, but I heard it had some issues with the software and the selfie camera.

 

Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

OnePlus 7 Pro.

S10.

Pixel 3/3a

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×