Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lukass

Fps

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Will this pc run most games on med maybe high settings ~75 FPS :

1060 3 gb

R 5 2600 OC

750 watt Psu

Ssd hdd

Aorus b450 motherboard

What games it will run below 60 frames? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you should get a decent experience with that setup and should net you 75 fps in most titles. 


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-16-16-32 3600mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoldenLag said:

yeah, it will run around 75 fps depending on settings. 

 

 

also why a gtx 1060 3gb?

Yeah you could get a 580 for cheap or just a regular 1060 6gb which costs like $20 more


I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm gonna say it anyways

 

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig: Gigabyte Aero 15W v8-BK4 15"

CPU: Intel i7 8750-H 6-core

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4 2666 mHz

Storage: 512 m.2 nvme ssd

GPU: GTX 1060 6gb

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry Mx Silent

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB, Steelseries Rival 600 

Headset: Philips SHP 9500

Dac/Amp: Peachtree Shift Portable

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hconverse02 said:

Yeah you could get a 580 for cheap or just a regular 1060 6gb which costs like $20 more

gtx 1060 6gb is irrelevant with the 1660 being on the market. 

 

his options are really rx 570, rx 580, gtx 1660

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Yeah about the 1060 3 gb. STORY time i wanted a gpu i asked my parents for christmas they didint tell they gonna buy it tho when christmas came i got a present with this card i know that 580 was BEST CHOICE  but i think its not a big deal right? vram is not a problem i am not a ultra grapfics gamer. i can play on even on low med if vram tells me to.  What do you guys think? Srr for spelling

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lukass said:

Yeah about the 1060 3 gb. STORY time i wanted a gpu i asked my parents for christmas they didint tell they gonna buy it tho when christmas came i got a present with this card i know that 580 was BEST CHOICE  but i think its not a big deal right? vram is not a problem i am not a ultra grapfics gamer. i can play on even on low med if vram tells me to.  What do you guys think? Srr for spelling

i mean, why are you asking the question then if you have the hardware? the CPU is never the bottleneck with such as card. 

 

27 minutes ago, Lukass said:

750 watt Psu

also what 750 watt PSUs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I dobt have it yet :)) coukd you say how to check the psu dont really know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Forum has a whole section on which PSUs to buy and which to avoid.  I suggest you check it out:

 

 

Also i just ran your proposed setup through a PSU calculator

 

https://seasonic.com/wattage-calculator#

 

It looks like you'll be drawing 300-320w of power so you could get away with a decent 550-600w


 With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Also i just ran your proposed setup through a PSU calculator

 

https://seasonic.com/wattage-calculator#

 

It looks like you'll be drawing 300-320w of power so you could get away with a decent 550-600w

you should know PSU calculators are wildly inaccurate........

 

his system will draw like 250 watts max. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoldenLag said:

you should know PSU calculators are wildly inaccurate........

 

his system will draw like 250 watts max. 

yeah, i'm aware they over estimate the total draw a little.  But for a newbie that's no bad thing.  Better he ends up with too much than too little ;) (without overdoing it)


 With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

yeah, i'm aware they over estimate the total draw a little.  But for a newbie that's no bad thing.  Better he ends up with too much than too little ;) (without overdoing it)

Providing you find a good PSU, you are going to have a hard time buying too little wattage. 

 

Also PSU calculators encourage overspending. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Providing you find a good PSU, you are going to have a hard time buying too little wattage. 

 

Also PSU calculators encourage overspending. 

Dude the calculator was over by 60 watts.  You know how long it'd take a 60w kettle to boil a litre of water?

Edited by YouSirAreADudeSir
spelling

 With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Dude the calculator was over by 60 watts.  You know how long it'd take a 60w kettle to boil a litre of water?

You do know the number i threw out was an overestimation taking into consideration peak possible powerdraw.

 

PSU calculators paint a bad picture, and is more of a marketing/sales tool than anything. 

 

There are plenty of people who have bought crappy 750 watt PSUs based on them.

 

Aubd PSUs are more about quality than wattage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

You do know the number i threw out was an overestimation taking into consideration peak possible powerdraw.

 

PSU calculators paint a bad picture, and is more of a marketing/sales tool than anything. 

 

There are plenty of people who have bought crappy 750 watt PSUs based on them.

 

Aubd PSUs are more about quality than wattage. 

Yeah, but it's a ball park and quite a close one at that.  I've pointed the man to the PSU tier list too.  What do you want people to do?  We're using the tools we have at our disposal.  If you don't like the calculators that are out there BUILD one.  Wish you luck OP


 With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×