Can Ryzen 7 2700x pair with PRIME A320M-K

Just wondering, I have a ryzen 7 2700x and the PRIME A320M-K, would this work with the right bios update?

Yes it will work, but you won't be able to overclock on that board. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I know this, its for a client that doesn't want any over clock, just kinda new to ryzen 7 and he had a B350 TOMAHAWK which doesnt have the bios update for ryzen 7

Because he doesnt wanna pay out the ass for a mother board, believe me if it was my choice i would have went for better; after all its not my computer and im working off his budget.

25 minutes ago, SpinStrech said:

I know this, its for a client that doesn't want any over clock, just kinda new to ryzen 7 and he had a B350 TOMAHAWK which doesnt have the bios update for ryzen 7

You can likely take the board to a local shop and they should be able to do a BIOS update for you for like 20$ or so. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

You can likely take the board to a local shop and they should be able to do a BIOS update for you for like 20$ or so. 

Or just do the free boot kit from AMD with proof of purchase of the motherboard, hopefully that can still be found.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

30 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Why are you gonna pair a cheap ass motherboard with a $250 CPU?

Some people just need/want 8 cores at a reasonable clock.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

it will run, but you can't overclock and the power delivery won't be as good. also you can probably get a better b350 board for around the same price or cheaper.

34 minutes ago, SpinStrech said:

Because he doesnt wanna pay out the ass for a mother board, believe me if it was my choice i would have went for better; after all its not my computer and im working off his budget.

There are plenty of higher quality boards for around the same price as that board, I'd look around some more before settling on that especially with a 2700x. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

7 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

There are plenty of higher quality boards for around the same price as that board, I'd look around some more before settling on that especially with a 2700x. 

i gave him three picks of mother boards so its up to him what he gets just making sure

24 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Or just do the free boot kit from AMD with proof of purchase of the motherboard, hopefully that can still be found.

memory express will do it for free when you buy it if u ask, i also know how to update one myself

15 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Some people just need/want 8 cores at a reasonable clock.

so true.

13 minutes ago, potato_man said:

it will run, but you can't overclock and the power delivery won't be as good. also you can probably get a better b350 board for around the same price or cheaper.

His using a 450 watt power supply from thermaltake, or by power are you talking about ghz? 

1 minute ago, SpinStrech said:

His using a 450 watt power supply from thermaltake, or by power are you talking about ghz? 

That board has crappy VRMs so the power delivery could be pretty bad, doesn't matter how good or bad of a PSU he has if the VRMs are crap, then the voltage being fed to the CPU will be iffy at best, that's why when you build a system with a highend power hungry CPU you want a highend motherboard with good VRMs. Power delivery is a big deal you don't want to skimp out, honestly I'd look for a better board for around the same price, and then explain to your client why it's all around a better option even if it is a little extra. Also depending on his GPU you might want to rethink that 450w especially if it's a cheap unit.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Just now, SpinStrech said:

motherboards have VRMs (voltage regulator modules) that deliver power to the CPU.

Image result for motherboard vrm

a320 boards are generally designed for cpus with low power consumption and generally have few VRMs. the ryzen 7 2700x chip consumes 105w under full load (at stock) and as a rule of thumb should generally be paired with a board that has adequate power delivery. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but if i remember correctly when you pair a cpu with a high power consumption with a board with bad VRMs, the VRMs may overheat, leading to system failure, or the CPU will not run at full speeds due to insufficient power.

what does your client plan to do using the pc? if he's only gaming then using an a320 board should be fine, but if he's doing CPU-intensive tasks you should probably consider a better board.

8 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

That board has crappy VRMs so the power delivery could be pretty bad, doesn't matter how good or bad of a PSU he has if the VRMs are crap, then the voltage being fed to the CPU will be iffy at best, that's why when you build a system with a highend power hungry CPU you want a highend motherboard with good VRMs. Power delivery is a big deal you don't want to skimp out, honestly I'd look for a better board for around the same price, and then explain to your client why it's all around a better option even if it is a little extra. Also depending on his GPU you might want to rethink that 450w especially if it's a cheap unit.

his gpu is a gtx 1050 that runs off of on board power

7 minutes ago, potato_man said:

motherboards have VRMs (voltage regulator modules) that deliver power to the CPU.

Image result for motherboard vrm

a320 boards are generally designed for cpus with low power consumption and generally have few VRMs. the ryzen 7 2700x chip consumes 105w under full load (at stock) and as a rule of thumb should generally be paired with a board that has adequate power delivery. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but if i remember correctly when you pair a cpu with a high power consumption with a board with bad VRMs, the VRMs may overheat, leading to system failure, or the CPU will not run at full speeds due to insufficient power.

what does your client plan to do using the pc? if he's only gaming then using an a320 board should be fine, but if he's doing CPU-intensive tasks you should probably consider a better board.

His only using it for gaming ive already asked this and ik about vrms this is why ive suggested 2 other mother boards that he can choose and told him there better then the first one i showed him, but i know he normally goes for the most cheapest component as he just wanted to get ryzen 7 2700x and cheap out on everything else, so he has options i have pointed him in the right direction now its up to what he buys. long before anyone suggested any of the vrm intake ive already calculated that, for what games he plays either will work but and thats a big but im not going to buy the components so he could go for the cheapest so i wanted him to get something that will atleast work if he does as u never know with people.

2 minutes ago, SpinStrech said:

His only using it for gaming ive already asked this and ik about vrms this is why ive suggested 2 other mother boards that he can choose and told him there better then the first one i showed him, but i know he normally goes for the most cheapest component as he just wanted to get ryzen 7 2700x and cheap out on everything else, so he has options i have pointed him in the right direction now its up to what he buys.

Honestly you should take that board off the table, don't even give it to him as an option. Also might want to check and see if the other boards you listed are rated for the 2700x also, if you give us a budget for the board we can help you out.

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Honestly you should take that board off the table, don't even give it to him as an option. Also might want to check and see if the other boards you listed are rated for the 2700x also, if you give us a budget for the board we can help you out.

sadly its something that someone would show him if he asked for the cheapest component so no sense but his budget is 100-140

5 minutes ago, SpinStrech said:

sadly its something that someone would show him if he asked for the cheapest component so no sense but his budget is 100-140

thats canadian btw

14 hours ago, SpinStrech said:

I have a MSI B350 PC MATE with ryzen 2700x Oc'ed to 4.2 at 1.3875, i havnt had any issues with that OC at all. 
And the PC Mate you can get for cheap. 
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=MSI+PC+Mate&N=100007625 601292786&isNodeId=1&Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH

PC Specs

Ryzen 7 - 2700x - 4.2 Ghz 

MSI MPG X570s Carbon Max Wifi 

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync TT Premium

G.Skillz Trident Z 3200mhz CL16

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Aorus Xtreme

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

Corsair RM750x - 750W Gold