Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ElectronicWizard

Crowdfunded game Outer Wilds is now an Epic Store timed exclusive

9 minutes ago, CookieSmasherGus said:

And here I was thinking "No way that Epic could get any scummier" and then they pull something like this. I really hope fortnite gets old quick and Epic will have to start making good decisions otherwise the money will go away.

As much as i hate epic store exclusivity, this is all publisher/dev decision. They probably the one that approached epic's for the exclusivity deal too. Can't blame them to take easy money but yeah, fuck this game.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

7 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Yeah and there arent any games that are also available on other stores and there arent any games that only use steam to fire up their own launcher.... /s

So steam isn't totally dominating the market? 

Literally all these arguments were used when steam first launched. You HAD to install steam to play CS and HL, you HAD to have steam to play L4D. It's funny how people are ok with exclusives so long as the platform and game are owned by the same company. An exclusive is an exclusive. The only issue people have here is that Epic paid for it, which somehow makes it worse.

So the devs get more money, but you have to install epic launcher, and everyone loses their minds. Just don't play the game. It won't be effective, and it won't change anything, but at least you'll know you didn't install the epic launcher. 

EDIT:

Also, exclusivity is the only way to even compete with Steam, it's such a monster that the only way to compete is through exclusives. That's a problem, sure, but don't act like it's some crime against humanity. It's what is required in order to establish yourself as a player in the market, due to the overshadowing monster that is Steam.