AMD charges 20 buckes extra so their CPU's com in a sexy box

9 hours ago, Skanky Sylveon said:

PLA (polylatic acid) is a plastic polymer that's fully biodegradable and food safe.

They are by products from plants, and is 100% natural. 

There, problem solved.  So stop talking shit about materials that you know nothing about. 

But those straws only have been around for like max 1-2 years in commercial use, and some companies still use full on plastic straws and they are not bio degradable... just saying 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

But those straws only have been around for like max 1-2 years in commercial use, and some companies still use full on plastic straws and they are not bio degradable... just saying 

Correct, PLA is rather recent, but that doesn't stop it from being a solution to the problem. 

Also, there have been biodegradable polymers for much longer, and straws tend to be some form of PET, which is extremely easy to recycle. 

That means that people need to stop throwing them on the ground though. 

3 minutes ago, Skanky Sylveon said:

Correct, PLA is rather recent, but that doesn't stop it from being a solution to the problem. 

Also, there have been biodegradable polymers for much longer, and straws tend to be some form of PET, which is extremely easy to recycle. 

That means that people need to stop throwing them on the ground though. 

Oh for sure, that’s a good solution ! Totally agree with you there.

people should just their rubbish in the bin - like normal people do - and a whole heap of issues would be solved with plastic in the oceans and nature 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Oh for sure, that’s a good solution ! Totally agree with you there.

Exactly, I was talking about solutions to problems instead of "plastic bad" or "don't take my straws away you hippies" since that's how progress is made.

3 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

people should just their rubbish in the bin - like normal people do - and a whole heap of issues would be solved with plastic in the oceans and nature 

Yeah, proper recycling can go a long ways, but that's not only on the individual, but the city in question as well.  There is no recycling services where I live, so I do my best to improvise. 

12 minutes ago, Skanky Sylveon said:

Exactly, I was talking about solutions to problems instead of "plastic bad" or "don't take my straws away you hippies" since that's how progress is made.

Yeah, proper recycling can go a long ways, but that's not only on the individual, but the city in question as well.  There is no recycling services where I live, so I do my best to improvise. 

Oh really?! We have like seperate bins for everything here

3 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Oh really?! We have like seperate bins for everything here

I live in a rual part of Oregon, and yeah, it sucks. 

I have a 3D printer that can take PETG though (glycol modified PET) so if I get the right equipment I can probably recycle most soda bottles for printing purposes. 

But otherwise there is no realistic way for me to recycle that wouldn't be a massive inconvenience unfortunately.  

2 minutes ago, Skanky Sylveon said:

I live in a rual part of Oregon, and yeah, it sucks. 

I have a 3D printer that can take PETG though (glycol modified PET) so if I get the right equipment I can probably recycle most soda bottles for printing purposes. 

But otherwise there is no realistic way for me to recycle that wouldn't be a massive inconvenience unfortunately.  

Ah okay, yeah I’m in Europe (NL currently).

australia also has the recycling bin and normal bin. 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Ah okay, yeah I’m in Europe (NL currently).

australia also has the recycling bin and normal bin. 

Most non rual areas of America has recycling bins, San Francisco actually had 3 bins, an extra one just for composte.

But yeah, America is pretty behind when it comes to being "green" with many practices. 

I figured that you weren't from America actually, it's 3 in the morning here, most of us are asleep right now.

I'm probably gonna go to bed as well  after I finish my beer.