Should I be able to pull my hard tubing out of its fitting?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
13 minutes ago, potato_man said:

i just measured the OD of the tubing and ID of the fitting. Tubing OD is 14mm and fitting ID is 14.5mm. Also what do you mean by compressed? I'm not using compression fittings.

Those fittings you listed are hardline compression fittings they compress the oring which then pushes onto the exterior diameter of the tubing to hold into place. Are you not installing the second oring between the barb section and the compression ring?

Image result for hardline compression fittings

-Related Threads Merged- 

when I put my tubing into my fitting it is very loose and I can pull the tubing out. what am I doing wrong? I got 13/10 fittings and tubing

1557465720672944506836.jpg

1557465759160193052578.jpg

Are the fittings and tubing from the same brand?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Could be manufacturing tolerances. Try to get another tube of fitting to test. 

Sure, you could always just put bunch of o rings on the fitting collar, butit still might leak

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

That will be down to manufacturing tolerances being different between the fitting and the tubing.

Since you bought it from aliexpress i'd suggest best bet would be to see if u can source some larger o-rings for cheap, otherwise ur looking at either hoping for the best with what you have, or buying a new fittings and/or tubing.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

what if i put an o-ring on the tubing then screw on the other end of the fitting

Just got hard tubing and fittings from aliexpress. My fittings and tubing are 10mmx14mm and the fittings are push-in fittings. When I put the tubing into the fitting, it goes in easily and doesn't fall out when I shake the tubing, but if I pull on the tubing it comes out. Is this normal?

Product links https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OD-12mm-14mm-16mm-PETG-Water-Cooling-Rigid-Hard-Tube-for-PC-Water-Cooling-System-50cm/32921663155.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.99999999.259.3da33c00ftcYgM

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/14mm-G1-4-Thread-Acrylic-Hard-Tube-Fitting-Hand-Twist-3-Laps-10x14mm-Connector-For-PC/32900929599.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.99999999.265.3da33c00ftcYgM

47 minutes ago, potato_man said:

Just got hard tubing and fittings from aliexpress. My fittings and tubing are 10mmx14mm and the fittings are push-in fittings. When I put the tubing into the fitting, it goes in easily and doesn't fall out when I shake the tubing, but if I pull on the tubing it comes out. Is this normal?

Product links https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OD-12mm-14mm-16mm-PETG-Water-Cooling-Rigid-Hard-Tube-for-PC-Water-Cooling-System-50cm/32921663155.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.99999999.259.3da33c00ftcYgM

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/14mm-G1-4-Thread-Acrylic-Hard-Tube-Fitting-Hand-Twist-3-Laps-10x14mm-Connector-For-PC/32900929599.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.99999999.265.3da33c00ftcYgM

It should be fairly difficult to remove the tubing from the fitting once compressed. Sounds like the tolerances of your tubing may be slightly undersized and the fitting potentially a touch oversized. Take a pair of calipers and measure the OD of your tubing. 

i just measured the OD of the tubing and ID of the fitting. Tubing OD is 14mm and fitting ID is 14.5mm. Also what do you mean by compressed? I'm not using compression fittings.

13 minutes ago, potato_man said:

Those fittings you listed are hardline compression fittings they compress the oring which then pushes onto the exterior diameter of the tubing to hold into place. Are you not installing the second oring between the barb section and the compression ring?

Image result for hardline compression fittings