What GPU To Buy? - No Navi

KimberlyHulshof

Uh, don't put too much hope on 5.2 Ghz overclock, there is lottery involved. 

And chacnes are you will need better motherboard and PSU.

For the card, Pulse + shipping is €315:
https://www.caseking.de/en/sapphire-pulse-radeon-rx-vega-56-8192-mb-hbm2-gcsp-187.html

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

2 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

Uh, don't put too much hope on 5.2 Ghz overclock, there is lottery involved. 

And chacnes are you will need better motherboard and PSU.

For the card, Pulse + shipping is €315:
https://www.caseking.de/en/sapphire-pulse-radeon-rx-vega-56-8192-mb-hbm2-gcsp-187.html

Ah thanks though i am using Azerty as its a platform i've heard about before ^^
the Motherbaord i did not know needed to become better so until you and valdyrgramr told me about it.

Will look into that soon [ i'm just happy this motherbaord has 6 Sata connections ] And thanks about telling me about the Lottery thing, some people i came across told me that was was a hoax told by people that didn't know how to OC but here people know what they are doing so i trust your word more xD

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm too lazy personally to do hard tubing hence why I just modified an EKWB kit with soft tubing.  XD  

Ah lazy i am not.. before i build my own PC case because i was bored, and am now literally biting into plums just for the juice - hate the flesh of it xD

And i worked with Acryllic and PETG before from doing a construction study in my school so i am a bit experienced.

7 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm too lazy personally to do hard tubing hence why I just modified an EKWB kit with soft tubing.  XD  

Also i do need to say i will also be getting WWZ and The Division 2 for free with the GPU Next week :P

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

For me I just don't wanna sit there with a heatgun slowly bending shit.  I'd lose my mind from boredom.

For me this is good enough.  XD 

153052.7434b92c0daef8c79c9320464176d5e4.1600.jpg

Damn, let me open my case up real quick xD

30 minutes ago, KimberlyHulshof said:

I am going to get the Tower 900 case - the one they used in the FULL RGB build, so about 2 480mm rads with some mods to the case to allow 2 360/240 rads in the top / back that way i can get more serious cooling hard line tubing with one of both going to the CPU and the other to the GPU with their own reservoir and all so that i can do a mixed colour build - going Pink with electric blue.

Well I want to suggest NH-D15 but that wouldn't fit the theme you try to make, so nvm. Well I'm gonna advise you to be careful with modding because it can mess the sturdiness of a full tower case. But with that much cooling the thing that have to be watch is the VRM's temps so it doesn't break your mobo. 

4 minutes ago, KimberlyHulshof said:

Ah thanks though i am using Azerty as its a platform i've heard about before ^^
the Motherbaord i did not know needed to become better so until you and valdyrgramr told me about it.

Will look into that soon [ i'm just happy this motherbaord has 6 Sata connections ] And thanks about telling me about the Lottery thing, some people i came across told me that was was a hoax told by people that didn't know how to OC but here people know what they are doing so i trust your word more xD

Caseking.de is pretty good store, have bought stuff from them in the past. It's more of network of stores, overclockers.co.uk is also part of that network. 

The only thing I don't like about Caseking is their logging in system, I have to request new password every time I want to sign in.

If you plan on doing full custom loop, you can get gpu block from Aliexpress for around €60 + shipping. Then just feed it unlimited power and watch the world burn!

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Just now, Oalei said:

Well I want to suggest NH-D15 but that wouldn't fit the theme you try to make, so nvm. Well I'm gonna advise you to be careful with modding because it can mess the sturdiness of a full tower case. But with that much cooling the thing that have to be watch is the VRM's temps so it doesn't break your mobo. 

Yeah i will be keeping an eye on that using some water temp gauges in the front of the cage with water filters on every part of the liquid cooling basins so that i can if needed put ice cubes in there [ using pencil sized ice cube makers ] and the filters i will be using will be graced so even if the ice tried to go inside the loop that couldnt happen.

Just now, Quadriplegic said:

Caseking.de is pretty good store, have bought stuff from them in the past. It's more of network of stores, overclockers.co.uk is also part of that network. 

The only thing I don't like about Caseking is their logging in system, I have to request new password every time I want to sign in.

If you plan on doing full custom loop, you can get gpu block from Aliexpress for around €60 + shipping. Then just feed it unlimited power and watch the world burn!

Haah i thought abou the aliexporess thing, they got 480mm rads full copper for $50,- i will only be using those parts for about 2 month total until i can actually get the true brand replica's.

The case mod i did on this one was only removing the Hard drive cage and SSD cage and place them lower on the back - behind a cardboard box that is solid so to cover the cables and the PSU is aimed down [ yes i have a carpet floor but i have the case standing on laminate ;) ]

IMG_20190510_132756[1].jpg

My suggestion is chill down, enjoy the new gpu / cpu first.

With 9600 and vega 56, i'm sure it would game 100+ fps in 1080p.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

6 minutes ago, KimberlyHulshof said:

Haah i thought abou the aliexporess thing, they got 480mm rads full copper for $50,- i will only be using those parts for about 2 month total until i can actually get the true brand replica's.

Well, if you get the Pulse then you don't really have a choice – currently Bykski is the only company that makes blocks for Vega Nano PCB. Still, their blocks are supposed to be pretty good, so you shouldn't worry too much (although I wouldn't use Bykski reservoirs, as they tend to use aluminum for the end caps. I admit it looks great, but you also might end up mixing metals)

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

1 minute ago, Quadriplegic said:

Well, if you get the Pulse then you don't really have a choice – currently Bykski is the only company that makes blocks for Vega Nano PCB. Still, their blocks are supposed to be pretty good, so you shouldn't worry too much (although I wouldn't use Bykski reservoirs, as they tend to use aluminum for the end caps. I admit it looks great, but you also might end up mixing metals)

True, and the fact i will be using tap water in the first few weeks [ that is until i can fill the ginormous thing with blue and pink fluids [ each loop a different colour ] xD ]

I'd call it my Cotton CM build V1

1 minute ago, KimberlyHulshof said:

True, and the fact i will be using tap water in the first few weeks [ that is until i can fill the ginormous thing with blue and pink fluids [ each loop a different colour ] xD ]

I'd call it my Cotton CM build V1

Don't use tap water. Even if only for few weeks, it is still enough time for stuff to grow in the loop.

Try to find distilled water at local stores 

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Don't use tap water. Even if only for few weeks, it is still enough time for stuff to grow in the loop.

Try to find distilled water at local stores 

True, but i was going to boil it and use only the liquid that falls in the fall pan :3

2 minutes ago, KimberlyHulshof said:

True, but i was going to boil it and use only the liquid that falls in the fall pan :3

I would instead recommend something like this:
https://www.caseking.de/en/coollaboratory-liquid-coolant-pro-blue-100ml-konzentrat-wazu-112.html (cheapest pre-mix at Caseking as of the time of writing)

Just mix it with distilled water and you get 1l of ready to use coolant. Not hard, not too expensive and safe to use solution

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

I would instead recommend something like this:
https://www.caseking.de/en/coollaboratory-liquid-coolant-pro-blue-100ml-konzentrat-wazu-112.html

Just mix it with distilled water and you get 1l of ready to use coolant. Not hard, not too expensive and safe to use solution

Ah for the start that could work.. afterwards i am going for Thermaltake Purple and blue ^^

42 minutes ago, KimberlyHulshof said:

Just saying i am a SHE xD

And, i will be following most over clocking guides that i5 9600k how to overclock like this one tell you how they did it.

My apologies! I would

either recommend a high end air cooler like DRP4 or the noctua one, or get a 360mm AIO for cooling.

It all depends end of day on the silicon lottery how far you can push your chip ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

My apologies! I would

either recommend a high end air cooler like DRP4 or the noctua one, or get a 360mm AIO for cooling.

It all depends end of day on the silicon lottery how far you can push your chip ?

heh ? like i said in an earlier comment however ;)

I do not like AIO's, i'd at easiest get a 120 one for the back fan to get some better cooling, but in one month saving i can get a nice full system with a 260 rad off of aliexpress with soft tubing for then but that is because for my current case it can only take a 120 rad in the front after the mod i did, so that way i can get some cooling in on the start, and with the Tower 900 case i can get an Over powered cooling system going which is kind of just to as my friends say "get all the gamers to the yard" xD

24 minutes ago, KimberlyHulshof said:

heh ? like i said in an earlier comment however ;)

I do not like AIO's, i'd at easiest get a 120 one for the back fan to get some better cooling, but in one month saving i can get a nice full system with a 260 rad off of aliexpress with soft tubing for then but that is because for my current case it can only take a 120 rad in the front after the mod i did, so that way i can get some cooling in on the start, and with the Tower 900 case i can get an Over powered cooling system going which is kind of just to as my friends say "get all the gamers to the yard" xD

I would not order any parts of Ali express.

go  for a quality brand like EKWB

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I would not order any parts of Ali express.

go  for a quality brand like EKWB

I can't sadly because they don't sell 480 kits.

If you're still considering the strix vega 56, I'm going to get it tmr ( non arez ). I'll see if my card has the vrm thermal issue and report back.

Here's a projected next tier list for AMD, if you're interested for price comparisons; it could help sway back to Navi.

AMD RX 3000 Series.jpg

Primary

CPU:      i9-10900k 3.7-5.3GHz (10th gen)

GPU:      EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming 12gb

MB:         ASUS RoG Maximus XIII Hero (ATX)

RAM:      64gb (4x16) DDR4-3200MHz G.Skill TridentZ Silver/Black (CL16)

HD:         1x 8TB Corsair MP400 NVMe PCIe 3.0 (SSD)

2x 16TB Seagate Exos 7200rpm (HDD)

E-HD:     12TB WD

PSU:       EVGA 1000w G2, 80+ Gold (modular)

UPS:       900w CyberPower

Display:   ASUS 27” 1440p/270Hz IPS 0.5ms (XG27AQM)

Aorus 27" 1440p/165Hz IPS 1ms (FI27Q-P) iGPU

KeyB:      EVGA Z15 (wired)

Mouse:    Logitech G-502 Hero (400/600/800/1000)

Headset: JBL Quantum ONE Gaming Headset

Case:      Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh (ATX)

Other:     XB-1 Wireless Controller Adapter w/Controller

NPET H01 Gaming Mouse Bungee Cord Holder w/4 USB Ports

Gaming Computer Specs.pdf

4 hours ago, Taintedmind said:

Here's a projected next tier list for AMD, if you're interested for price comparisons; it could help sway back to Navi.

AMD RX 3000 Series.jpg

Again, like the title says NO NAVI.

I've never had a graphics card and i am getting someone by next week tuesday, if the Navi is not out by then i am not ordering it.

At this point i just want a graphics card to build an OP gamer rig in the future. for bang of the buck, and seing as gamer nexus was able to beat a 2070 with overclocking the 56 i am going for that.

15 hours ago, m1cr0l said:

If you're still considering the strix vega 56, I'm going to get it tmr ( non arez ). I'll see if my card has the vrm thermal issue and report back.

Ah that would be nice of you, some people say it has been fixed so i wonder if it has, or maybe it was a brand specific only fix idk.