Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Friendly Elite

does everyone by vans

I have Adidas Originals, converse chuck taylors, Ugg Boots (yes they are so comfy) that I would wear causally. Have two pairs of leather shoes (one cheap) for special occasions. Gumboots and work boots (steel caps). And then running shoes ūüĎ쬆

Nah, I don't have a van, they have to bad of a reputation from kidnappers.

† † †

The month of June marks 75 years since the Normandy Landings on D-Day, Don't forget those who've fallen.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V2.1.1)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

Considering I easily walk outside over 2 hours each day and go through a pair of shoes within 2 months... Hell no.

That and I just don't like the looks of "vans" shoes. They are effing ugly, IMO, with that large white sole.
Not to mention, that outside sole is made of some kind of foam instead of actual rubber, meaning it gets used even quicker once the thin rubber sole underneath is gone from the friction of walking/running on the pavement.

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

I don't like the way Vans shoes look. I wanna get some Addias because I used to basically just get Nike but yeah no thanks lol

| Whoosh - The Airplane and Airline Thread |

:x@Dan Castellaneta x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x 52ever :x
Current Rig:
Spoiler

}} Titania  *December 22, 2017* {{

~Ryzen 7 1700 - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB @ 2400MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - SanDisk SSDPlus 120GB - Toshiba 1TB HDD (2.5" 5400rpm) - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G610 (MX Browns) - Logitech G603 - LG 24MP59HT-P~

Planned Upgrades:

Spoiler

}} R.U.D.I (Rebrand and Mild Refresh of Titania) *On-going 2019* {{

~Ryzen 7 1700 - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - Seagate 2TB Barracuda HDD - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G513 Carbon - Logitech G603~

21 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Considering I easily walk outside over 2 hours each day and go through a pair of shoes within 2 months... Hell no.

That and I just don't like the looks of "vans" shoes. They are effing ugly, IMO, with that large white sole.
Not to mention, that outside sole is made of some kind of foam instead of actual rubber, meaning it gets used even quicker once the thin rubber sole underneath is gone from the friction of walking/running on the pavement.

How do you go threw a pair every 2 months with walking a minimum of 2 hours? I use sketchers because I find they last the longest and are usually cheaper than NB (NB's only last me 2-3 months).

I used to do about 3 hours a day going to my old workplace, now I only do about 1.25 hours of walking. Due to weather I've also cut back walking after work (I hate rain, snow fine rain nope). When I did walk a lot I usually went threw a pair every 4 months, and we are talking over 100km a week. I don't have over 7000km in Pokemon Go for nothing :P

Unless you go threw roughed terrain like in the woods.

8 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

HÔĽŅow do you go threw a pair every 2 months with walking a minimum of 2 hours? I use sketchers because I find they last the longest and are usually cheaper than NB (NB's only last me 2-3 months).ÔĽŅ

Sidewalks are garbage and not level, here. So my shoes end up scratching up on the asphalt (and small rock/salt during winter... and left over rocks after winter) a lot even without me wanting to (when you buy shoes, there's "texture" and ridges on the bottom of it right? When I'm done with it, it's usually flat...).

Then there's the sides, mainly up front, that randomly break apart (Like right now, my steel toed shoes somehow got a small hole on top of it... how the fuck did that happen, I've got no clue).

Add to that the back of the shoes just disappearing from friction with my feet while I walk... and suddenly the shoes need to be replaced every 2 months.

And that's 2 hours walking outside, inside I'm easily walking another 6 to 8 hours... if not more.

Overall, could be because of a lot of reasons, be it my posture, my fast pace, the terrible state of the sidewalks, etc etc.

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

I wear Blundstones or redbacks.

10264919x1012905_zm?$product1000$

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

The last time I bought Vans was when the camo Bobb Fetts came out.  I don't really skateboard anymore, but I still have them.  I also have custom Harley Quinn Chuck Taylors, some leather pumas with animal skeltons, and some rando running shoes for when I do 5ks.  Also got Deadpool bunny ear slippers, and Wolverine Snow Boots.  I don't have a problem!

VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB Liquid Cooling(EK-Supremacy sTR4 RGB - Nickel, EK-CoolStream SE 280, EK-Vardar EVO 140ER Black x 2, EK-XRES 100 SPC-60 MX PWM (incl. pump), EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm - Red (6-pack), EK-DuraClear 9,5/12,7mm 3M, and Scarlet Red Premix) | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Toshiba X300 4TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition(Replacing with a Radeon VII | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Blackout Edition with Cherry MX Silent Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones:  AKG K7XX Mass Drop Editions(Replacing with k712s) | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: Mackie MR624 Studio Monitors

Surtr:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G(Temp/Upping to a Zen 2 Ryzen 7) | CPU Cooling: Wraith(Dark Rock Pro 4 when I get the 3700x or 3800x) | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut | Mobo: Asrock x470 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GBs (2x8) DDR4-3200 | Storage: PNY - BX500 240 GB SSD+Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM | GPU: PowerColor - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB RED DEVIL | Case: Corsair - SPEC-DELTA RGB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: Random HP DVD Drive | Operating System: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS Speakers: JBL LSR 305 Studio Monitors(At some point)

Prince of Dark Rock:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | CPU Cooling: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut | Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawki | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GBs (2x4) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial - BX200 240 GB SSD+Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM | GPU: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC | Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox MB511 | PSU: Corsair - CXM 550W | Optical Drive: Random HP DVD Drive | Operating System: Windows 10 Home | Keyboard: Rosewill - NEON K85 RGB BR | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Destiny 2 Edition