does everyone by vans

The Friendly Elite

Considering I easily walk outside over 2 hours each day and go through a pair of shoes within 2 months... Hell no.

That and I just don't like the looks of "vans" shoes. They are effing ugly, IMO, with that large white sole.
Not to mention, that outside sole is made of some kind of foam instead of actual rubber, meaning it gets used even quicker once the thin rubber sole underneath is gone from the friction of walking/running on the pavement.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

21 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Considering I easily walk outside over 2 hours each day and go through a pair of shoes within 2 months... Hell no.

That and I just don't like the looks of "vans" shoes. They are effing ugly, IMO, with that large white sole.
Not to mention, that outside sole is made of some kind of foam instead of actual rubber, meaning it gets used even quicker once the thin rubber sole underneath is gone from the friction of walking/running on the pavement.

How do you go threw a pair every 2 months with walking a minimum of 2 hours? I use sketchers because I find they last the longest and are usually cheaper than NB (NB's only last me 2-3 months).

I used to do about 3 hours a day going to my old workplace, now I only do about 1.25 hours of walking. Due to weather I've also cut back walking after work (I hate rain, snow fine rain nope). When I did walk a lot I usually went threw a pair every 4 months, and we are talking over 100km a week. I don't have over 7000km in Pokemon Go for nothing :P

Unless you go threw roughed terrain like in the woods.

8 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

How do you go threw a pair every 2 months with walking a minimum of 2 hours? I use sketchers because I find they last the longest and are usually cheaper than NB (NB's only last me 2-3 months).

Sidewalks are garbage and not level, here. So my shoes end up scratching up on the asphalt (and small rock/salt during winter... and left over rocks after winter) a lot even without me wanting to (when you buy shoes, there's "texture" and ridges on the bottom of it right? When I'm done with it, it's usually flat...).

Then there's the sides, mainly up front, that randomly break apart (Like right now, my steel toed shoes somehow got a small hole on top of it... how the fuck did that happen, I've got no clue).

Add to that the back of the shoes just disappearing from friction with my feet while I walk... and suddenly the shoes need to be replaced every 2 months.

And that's 2 hours walking outside, inside I'm easily walking another 6 to 8 hours... if not more.

Overall, could be because of a lot of reasons, be it my posture, my fast pace, the terrible state of the sidewalks, etc etc.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I wear Blundstones or redbacks.

10264919x1012905_zm?$product1000$

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.