Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vladonizer

Looking for a new PC case, asking for opinions

Posted · Original PosterOP

Current build: 

I am wanting to change my case and have 3 that I really like but can't decide between. If you could give me your opinions of the pros/cons or anything about these cases I would greatly appreciate it!

Cases:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VxRzK8/lian-li-pc-o11dw-atx-full-tower-case-pc-o11dw

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/z3kj4D/fractal-design-design-define-r6-usb-c-tg-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-def-r6c-bk-tgl

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RZDJ7P/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-x-glass-gray-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-es518xtg_dag

I'd recc meshify C for air/aio, Meshify/Define S2 for smallish-custom loop (1 thicc 360mm + 1 slim 360mm), and PC-O11 for serious custom loop (2x thicc custom loop)

Alpha X570 VRM + Features list (PM me if you want to help) 

Will prob be making an X570 "tier" list when that is completed.

Some Custom Loop Questions, please help answer them.

PC (Main)

CPU: i5-8400 CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9 Plus   Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8 DDR4-2400

Boot/OS SSD: Inland 480GB SSD | Video Card: RX 570 4GB Strix OC | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White TG (11/10) PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750

Monitor: Sceptre 24" 1080p 75hz Webcam: Logitech C920s

NAS:

Synology DS418J w/ 4x WD Red Pro 6TB RAID 10 (used 7.3/12TB)

Phone/Tablet:

iPhone 8 64GB iPad Mini 4 128GB

Laptops:

Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H + 1050 ti + 20GB ram (16+4) + 1TB EX920 SSD

My old computers:

Athlon Xp + R9600 Pro 256MB Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 3.4ghz + GTX 275 | i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz + GTX 

The enthoo evolv has a nice internal design, and the removable front panel is neat. There are some creative drive mounting spaces of you don't like the drive sleds they use, but not many, so extra 3.5" drives might be unsightly, so I'd rather go for the Lian Like PC-011

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - Asus DirectCU GTX 760 - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

Personally I like the Phanteks P600. Nice design and improved airfow. I have the P400S and still love that case. 

Current Build

I5 4460

Hyper Evo 212

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

WD 1TB HDD

XFX RX 480 RS 4GB

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr3 1600 Patriot Ram

Mixture of Phanteks and Thermaltake Fans

Phanteks P400S

14 hours ago, Zusafek said:

Personally I like the Phanteks P600. Nice design and improved airfow. I have the P400S and still love that case. 

To springboard off this comment, the P600S has the same internal layout as the Evolv X, and is very similar Spec wise to the Define R6 and S2 (I made a blog post comparing all the features)

Any of the cases you've selected would be great, jsut make sure if you get the PC-O11D than you get a couple of extra fans, as the only fans in your system would be the one on your AIO, so you'll want probably 2 intake fans mounted somewhere. . 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M      Cooling Cryorig H7

22 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

To springboard off this comment, the P600S has the same internal layout as the Evolv X, and is very similar Spec wise to the Define R6 and S2 (I made a blog post comparing all the features)

Any of the cases you've selected would be great, jsut make sure if you get the PC-O11D than you get a couple of extra fans, as the only fans in your system would be the one on your AIO, so you'll want probably 2 intake fans mounted somewhere. . 

Thanks for all the input, I have decided on the pc-011D and will pick up more fans as well as change out my old 280mm aio with (most likely) a 360mm

1 hour ago, vladonizer said:

Thanks for all the input, I have decided on the pc-011D and will pick up more fans as well as change out my old 280mm aio with (most likely) a 360mm

Good choice.

I have the PC-O11D and I love it. Building in it was great and the air flow is amazing. Enjoy!

"Liam" - CPU: i5-3570k@4.8ghz@1.3v GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Kingston Hyper X Black DDR3 @ stock(stability issues) Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

2 hours ago, AmpedUpDad said:

Good choice.

I have the PC-O11D and I love it. Building in it was great and the air flow is amazing. Enjoy!

What setup do you have for the fans? I saw where its best to have 3 bottom intake, 3 side intake and 3 top exhaust. But side intake looks bad, and that matters too

1 hour ago, vladonizer said:

What setup do you have for the fans? I saw where its best to have 3 bottom intake, 3 side intake and 3 top exhaust. But side intake looks bad, and that matters too

Don't mind the question mark.  I moved those top 3 LED fans to the side as intake and the bottoms as intakes and the rad up top.

I think it looks fine.  I want to change all of the fans one day to the same brand and some RGB just to make it look more uniform.

newestpc.jpeg

"Liam" - CPU: i5-3570k@4.8ghz@1.3v GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Kingston Hyper X Black DDR3 @ stock(stability issues) Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6