About buying from Amazon

TrIpl3

I want to buy a used cpu from amazon as seen in this: https://imgur.com/a/fVoDwH4 picture. But I was wondering if that import fees deposit thing(marked with an arrow in red) is VAT or it's just something else, and I will have to pay 21% VAT(cuz of my country) of the 338.64 euros when I receive it after paying for all of it.

Where you at?

If in europe buy from amazon.de or amazon.co.uk or amazon.it or amazon.fr or amazon.pl.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

As mentioned above try and find what you want to buy in amazon.de(preferably) or amazon.co.uk(while they are still in Europe hehe), if you live in Europe so that you won't have to pay import taxes. 
*Import fees are custom fees.

44 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Where you at?

If in europe buy from amazon.de or amazon.co.uk or amazon.it or amazon.fr or amazon.pl.

32 minutes ago, Settlerteo said:

As mentioned above try and find what you want to buy in amazon.de(preferably) or amazon.co.uk(while they are still in Europe hehe), if you live in Europe so that you won't have to pay import taxes. 
*Import fees are custom fees.

Yeah, I live in Europe, Lithuania. That's why I use international shipping. So, when I receive the cpu I won't have to pay 21% Lithuanian VAT(Value added tax)?

Also, in the amazon.de I tried to order and the full price is this: https://imgur.com/a/TzY21kt

So, they will only charge me 247,90 euros and nothing else when I receive it?

42 minutes ago, TrIpl3 said:

Yeah, I live in Europe, Lithuania. That's why I use international shipping. So, when I receive the cpu I won't have to pay 21% Lithuanian VAT(Value added tax)?

Also, in the amazon.de I tried to order and the full price is this: https://imgur.com/a/TzY21kt

So, they will only charge me 247,90 euros and nothing else when I receive it?

On amazon.de the vat should be included in the price, atleast it has been for me  

3 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

On amazon.de the vat should be included in the price, atleast it has been for me  

So VAT=Import fees deposit? Or I'm missing an entire point here?

3 minutes ago, TrIpl3 said:

So VAT=Import fees deposit? Or I'm missing an entire point here?

idk what you mean by that, but i live in pretty much the same country, and the order Total is the total cost, nothing else adds to that.

So order total is the price you pay for the stuff, and because amazon.de is in the EU then it should be VAT free.

image.png.24e6f714c673a516c263089445c8f901.png

9 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

idk what you mean by that, but i live in pretty much the same country, and the order Total is the total cost, nothing else adds to that.

So order total is the price you pay for the stuff, and because amazon.de is in the EU then it should be VAT free.

image.png.24e6f714c673a516c263089445c8f901.png

He's ordering from Amazon US which is why there's two currency options underneath the order total box.

As for the actual question, the import fees deposit is the estimate of the amount of import duties that will be charged when the item arrives in your country, but if there is no charge for import duties made by customs then the charge will be refunded (although I think it's done as a credit to your Amazon account).

Visit amazon.aq, the most popular online store in Antarctica.

Sudo make me a sandwich