Over a 150 Riot Games Employees Stage Walkout Over Forced Arbitration & Sexist Culture

10 minutes ago, comander said:

I'm just imagining an upswelling of evangelical Christians getting ticked off and using the same antidiscrimination laws that the activists lift up to defend their hot topic of the month...

"Evangelical Christians underrepresented in Universities"

Just imagine a push for affirmative action based on religion, which is a federally protected class...

It's almost as if discrimination, whether or not it's for or against a minority or the majority, is a bad fucking idea and only tears societies apart.

Which is exactly what the forces at work seem to want.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 5/7/2019 at 10:12 PM, Bouzoo said:

Johnny Depp and Amber Herd

The Kavanaugh thing was a bit of a different issue because it involved a lifelong appointment to the Supreme Court. I don't really feel the need to do a background check on anyone involved with the making of a movie before I watch it, but I'd like one of the top 10 most powerful judges in the country to be someone who doesn't break the law.

Besides, it doesn't appear that manufactured outrage is ever a good career move in the end. Just ask Jussie Smollett how well it's working out for him. I don't really give a flying crap whether or not my actors, actresses, directors, etc. have always been goody two-shoes. I'll make an exception for one of the people who actually gets to influence laws.

2 hours ago, EldritchMoose said:

The Kavanaugh thing was a bit of a different issue because it involved a lifelong appointment to the Supreme Court.

Not really. False accusations are false accusations, the only thing using it against political opponents as a political party demonstrates your morals (or lack thereof) as a political party.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Not really. False accusations are false accusations, the only thing using it against political opponents as a political party demonstrates your morals (or lack thereof) as a political party.

I never said they weren't. I'm just saying that there's a difference between celebrity worship and lawmaking.

I also kind of wish I could still believe that political parties could be reasonably expected to have morals.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:06 AM, Morgan MLGman said:

The logic of people nowadays: Why would you fix your own sh*t when you can play the victim card and demand others to fix it for you ;)

Also, do not immediately believe any accusations of this sort, you need to prove someone to be guilty to be able to say that they actually are guilty. A great example of this was the fairly recent Brett Kavanaugh controversy in the US.

Lets not go there.

I have a personal belief that people dont form strike or make accusation at work public unless there was a reasion.

Internet is one thing, the potential to loose your career and get a bad reputation in the industry is anothera11

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

6 minutes ago, elderago said:

I have a personal belief that people dont form strike or make accusation at work public unless there was a reasion

There is always a reason. That reason isn't always justified.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

There is always a reason. That reason isn't always justified.

I said its my personal view, we can all have differing opinions on this topic.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I just hope that I will not work in such a company with such activists. All they do is complain and cry.

On 5/9/2019 at 5:52 AM, Results45 said:

I blame noobmaster69, he's so toxic.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

On 5/7/2019 at 6:26 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm sorry, but why does society insist that men are always harmful and women can do no wrong unless they have political beliefs that aren't accepted by most media?

Both genders are equally fucked up in their own ways. There's no ifs, ands or buts about that. Neither gender is perfect, nothing's perfect. We're humans, not robots with intricately designed everythings so we don't fuck up.

I don't know, it seems to me that whenever anything like this happens the first to pile up are the "b-b-but men can be good too" crowd. This isn't even a protest against society, it's squarely directed at riot and enacted by riot's own employees; why do you feel such a compelling need to jump in and defend "men" without knowing any of the details and not even give the protesters the benefit of the doubt?

On 5/7/2019 at 10:44 PM, Morgan MLGman said:

Well, that's precisely what I meant in my original comment - it's easy to destroy someone's reputation and career, it's harder to provide any legitimate proof to back claims like that.

It's also easier to relate and feel sorry for the victim, but as Ben Shapiro once said: "Facts don't care about your feelings", which may at first sound harsh but is quite accurate when you think about it.

Ben Shapiro exclusively deals in feelings during his speeches. Facts, logic and the scientific consensus are firmly against most of his views. I never heard a single member of his fanbase question him or demand proof of his claims, yet they will demand it from any opposing figure at every step and then proceed to close their ears and shout when said evidence is provided.

If someone claimed they were robbed would you be so insistent on asking for hard proof before listening to anything they say or would you give them a chance to make their case in due time? There are multiple reports of forced arbitration and sexist behavior at riot, including an in-depth report from Kotaku as mentioned in the OP, you're automatically dismissing them as lies because...? Even riot themselves admit there is a problem, though they don't seem very committed to solving it. Seems to me like you're letting your feelings speak here...

Not to mention a workplace can be toxic without being illegal (at least in a way that can be easily proven), that doesn't mean workers don't have a right to protest against their working conditions.

On 5/7/2019 at 10:41 PM, Tristerin said:

As a white, good looking, well built male - I fear for every interaction I have with every person who could claim something that is not true - because in the Court of Social Law I will lose based just on being...a white, good looking well built male.

Being a male is the only characteristic that makes you statistically more likely to be incarcerated. Being white reduces that likelihood by two orders of magnitude, at least if you live in the US. I couldn't find any statistics on "good looking" people being incarcerated...

On 5/7/2019 at 10:38 PM, Bouzoo said:

Every person, be it a male or a female, should be sued for the same sentence as the alleged perpetrator was in case it was a false allegation. If you are ready to destroy someones life you better be ready to carry the consequence. 

There's already a crime for that, it's libel or defamation - assuming it is done intentionally as is likely in the case of AH. If you think defamation is a crime on the same level as rape or home abuse you need help. Victims of abuse have enough problems without having to worry that their requests for help or justice may lead to their own incarceration if insufficient proof is found. Just imagine being in that situation, then think back on what you just proposed.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Being a male is the only characteristic that makes you statistically more likely to be incarcerated. Being white reduces that likelihood by two orders of magnitude, at least if you live in the US. I couldn't find any statistics on "good looking" people being incarcerated...

Topic at hand is sexist culture, not whether or not the police will target me for incarceration.  Second time today where a post was used in a way that was never brought up.

As a white, good looking, well built male - I am absolutely a target from my petty colleagues, especially the female ones.  If you don't have to deal with that, bravo!

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

3 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

If you don't have to deal with that, bravo!

I might be mistaken, but I believe he's from the #woke shithole country known as Canada. They don't have these issues there because they are totally tolerant.

/s

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Topic at hand is sexist culture, not whether or not the police will target me for incarceration.  Second time today where a post was used in a way that was never brought up.

I'm sorry, you brought up both your skin color and your physique. Tell me again how I'm interpreting your post the wrong way?

3 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

As a white, good looking, well built male - I am absolutely a target from my petty colleagues, especially the female ones.

Sounds like you should complain to your boss - if you're a "target" for something serious like workplace discrimination, sexual abuse, gaslighting and forced arbitration you shouldn't let it slide. Of course, if your boss is the problem maybe you need to go through different channels to be heard... for example a protest, imagine that.

6 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

If you don't have to deal with that, bravo!

Bravo for what? If you suffer workplace abuse it's not your fault and if you don't then it's not really an accomplishment, it's more like luck.

6 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I just hope that I will not work in such a company with such activists. All they do is complain and cry.

It almost sounds like you're complaining.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I believe he's from Canada.

Lol no

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Lol no

Ah.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It almost sounds like you're complaining.

You are right. I kinda complain a bit because I dislike all the left leaning companies. You better hide your real political opinion if you disagree with the leftwingers.

33 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I'm sorry, you brought up both your skin color and your physique. Tell me again how I'm interpreting your post the wrong way?

Because those are facts that are relevant to my day to day dealings of Social Justice. 

Does the fact that Im a White Male hurt you or something?  Does the fact that Im a well built bad ass of a Viking White Male further that pain because that's mixed in with just a little of my own opinionated flavor.  The rest are on my Birth Certificate.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Does the fact that Im a White Male hurt you or something?

No, did I claim otherwise?

Does the fact that Im a well built bad ass of a Viking White Male further that pain

Uhhhh no, I couldn't care less. I'm gonna be frank with you, this is getting a little weird.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

44 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Ben Shapiro exclusively deals in feelings during his speeches. Facts, logic and the scientific consensus are firmly against most of his views. I never heard a single member of his fanbase question him or demand proof of his claims, yet they will demand it from any opposing figure at every step and then proceed to close their ears and shout when said evidence is provided.

It was a quote that I've read and found very true looking at what's happening in different parts of the world today. I'm not a fan of his in any way, I agree with some of what he says and disagree with some other things.

If someone claimed they were robbed would you be so insistent on asking for hard proof before listening to anything they say or would you give them a chance to make their case in due time?

I would follow the procedure that's written into the law, obviously.

There are multiple reports of forced arbitration and sexist behavior at riot, including an in-depth report from Kotaku as mentioned in the OP, you're automatically dismissing them as lies because...? Even riot themselves admit there is a problem, though they don't seem very committed to solving it. Seems to me like you're letting your feelings speak here...

No, I'm not dismissing them in any way, I just don't think people should blindly believe every report they hear in the media. I'm all for punishing those breaking the law, but if we believe all of the people that throw such accusations publicly, it could potentially be exploited quite easily at the expense of destroying people's careers. Two examples of that were mentioned in this thread.

49 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Not to mention a workplace can be toxic without being illegal (at least in a way that can be easily proven), that doesn't mean workers don't have a right to protest against their working conditions.

Of course it can be toxic, but when it's toxic you change the company you work at. At least that's what I would do. Those things happen, obviously, but they're episodic and not systemic, so chances of switching to another toxic company aren't very high in my opinion.

I won't be discussing any of this further though because this forum isn't the place for that in my view ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

There's already a crime for that, it's libel or defamation - assuming it is done intentionally as is likely in the case of AH. If you think defamation is a crime on the same level as rape or home abuse you need help. Victims of abuse have enough problems without having to worry that their requests for help or justice may lead to their own incarceration if insufficient proof is found. Just imagine being in that situation, then think back on what you just proposed.

It is not about being on the same level, it's about intention. If you think that if someone is ready to lie and make you, me, or someone else go to jail for 20 years for instance, just because they can, they need to know there are consequences. If someone is a completes pos and is ready to destroy someones family, their whole life, they should be punished accordingly. By quick looking at defamation max sentences they are usually 2-3 years, and what are we getting? More and more fake allegations every single day. If you think that intention of destroying someones whole life and often everything they have doesn't deserve that you might wanna get that help yourself. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

12 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Of course it can be toxic, but when it's toxic you change the company you work at. At least that's what I would do.

Most people don't have the option to leave their job just because they want to, let alone instantly find one that treats them better.

Those things happen, obviously, but they're episodic and not systemic, so chances of switching to another toxic company aren't very high in my opinion.

You're assuming they can switch to another company, and as for whether they are systemic or episodic there are a lot of people who would disagree with you - with riot specifically there's significant evidence that it is systemic.

I won't be discussing any of this further though because this forum isn't the place for that in my view ;)

That's fine with me, but you initiated the discussion :P

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

It is not about being on the same level, it's about intention. If you think that if someone is ready to lie and make you, me, or someone else go to jail for 20 years for instance, just because they can, they need to know there are consequences.

Face consequences? Of course. Be prosecuted for rape or domestic abuse? No.

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

By quick looking at defamation max sentences they are usually 2-3 years, and what are we getting? More and more fake allegations every single day.

Just because you hear about a few false allegations on the media doesn't mean it's a widespread phenomenon or that most of these allegations are false, far from it. Most home abuse and rape victims never press charges because they're afraid, can't afford the legal fees, are ashamed or think they won't be believed - guess which of these you're not helping them overcome by being so quick to assume these allegations are not only unfounded but deserving of prosecution?

-edit-

Also 2-3 years of jail is not a light sentence, it's not something you can just brush away.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

No, did I claim otherwise?

Uhhhh no, I couldn't care less. I'm gonna be frank with you, this is getting a little weird.

Im trying to understand how my words created a reaction out of you.  Typically reactions happen because of a causation.  Just ensuring that statement wasn't causing you pain.  If it did I could further understand what kind of person you are.

It seems to me that you took time to make a post about incarceration of White Males using my reply.  Tells me a lot actually that your head went straight there and what lines you draw, rather than reading to understand or continue a discussion.

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Face consequences? Of course. Be prosecuted for rape or domestic abuse? No.

Max sentence I saw that I can remember was a woman getting 10 years in jail after falsely accusing 15 men. Some justice right there for (potentially) ruining 15 lives. Each one of them would've probably got way more that that. 

Just because you hear about a few false allegations on the media doesn't mean it's a widespread phenomenon or that most of these allegations are false, far from it. 

Believe it or not I am talking about actually the ones that are found as false, and there are many more than you think.

Most home abuse and rape victims never press charges because they're afraid, can't afford the legal fees, are ashamed or think they won't be believed - guess which of these you're not helping them overcome by being so quick to assume these allegations are not only unfounded but deserving of prosecution?

What are you talking about? Whoever said they should be quickly assumed as false? Every allegation not needs, but has to be checked. Guess which side you are helping?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Most home abuse and rape victims never press charges because they're afraid, can't afford the legal fees, are ashamed or think they won't be believed - guess which of these you're not helping them overcome by being so quick to assume these allegations are not only unfounded but deserving of prosecution?

What's the alternative then? Believing all supposed victims only to find out 10 years later that they were lying and that a poor dude's life was ruined for no reason? Everyone should be innocent till proven guilty, and by proven I mean indisputable evidence, not "I swear I'm not lying guys".

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402