cosplay

The Great Kamek

Anybody here cosplay before? If so, how difficult and what is the processing time? I am thinking about being Kamek from Mario

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
    Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8)
  • GPU
    ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
    WD 1TB 7200RPM, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

Every Halloween. 

To make your own costume, it depends on your arts & crafts skills as well as the complexity of your costume. 

Cosplaying as a storm trooper is as simple as buying a costume. Cosplaying as iron man in the suit with a suit that looks armoured could take a while. I think it took my friend 3 months to make his costume. 

im too ugly to leave the home unmasked

cosplay is a horrifying concept to me.

i love looking at cosplay pic tho.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

back in freshman and sophmore year of HS i built a cosplay veteran ranger from fallout NV. spent a year on and off making it because i didn't exactly have a lot of funds at the time and not a lot of time either. All in all it was like a solid 7/10 on the hardest things I've done, and i can't even begin to tell you how many foam sheets i went through making the body armor panels and how many hours i put into it (probably in the range of 100-150 hours of work). it came out fine, a little less polished than i wanted it to be, and the fact that the duster was a thick fabric/canvas material and not leather pissed me off the whole time. I just didnt have the 200$ to spend on a proper oiled leather trench.

keep in mind though i dove head first into a very ambitious cosplay, not crazy hard, but def. wouldn't rec a build like that for a novice lol. Kamek from mario is a very easy cosplay, just practice your sewing and you'll do fine.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

7 hours ago, Atmos said:

back in freshman and sophmore year of HS i built a cosplay veteran ranger from fallout NV. spent a year on and off making it because i didn't exactly have a lot of funds at the time and not a lot of time either. All in all it was like a solid 7/10 on the hardest things I've done, and i can't even begin to tell you how many foam sheets i went through making the body armor panels and how many hours i put into it (probably in the range of 100-150 hours of work). it came out fine, a little less polished than i wanted it to be, and the fact that the duster was a thick fabric/canvas material and not leather pissed me off the whole time. I just didnt have the 200$ to spend on a proper oiled leather trench.

keep in mind though i dove head first into a very ambitious cosplay, not crazy hard, but def. wouldn't rec a build like that for a novice lol. Kamek from mario is a very easy cosplay, just practice your sewing and you'll do fine.

sewing huh? 

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

1 hour ago, The Great Kamek said:

sewing huh? 

Well yeah, unless Wal-Mart stocks Kamek robes ?

Generally since most fantasy clothing isn't something we find off the shelf, cosplayers will sew and hem costumes or modify existing clothing to get results they like. That's usually the most time consuming process and the most involved. If you aren't comfortable sewing stuff, you could always consider buying costumes but when doing that, it gets costly really quick and you're often SOL if it doesn't fit right (which is something you can more or less avoid when you're making it yourself) so you have to take extra care in making sure you have proper measurements for your body so they can tailor the outfits a bit more if you don't end up making it yourself. Also take into consideration shipping and tailoring times if you're ordering overseas/have a time limit or a con coming up.  

A bit of creativity goes a long way as well. You can find unconventional ways to make certain looks as well. For instance, I'm doing a DB era Yamcha cosplay this weekend and DB boots always are a pain to do. I kind of thought that the boots looked like wrestling boots so I got a cheapo pair off eBay and modified them with some pinstriping and some felt lining and they turned out a lot better than I would've got trying other methods IMO. 

49 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

Well yeah, unless Wal-Mart stocks Kamek robes ?

Generally since most fantasy clothing isn't something we find off the shelf, cosplayers will sew and hem costumes or modify existing clothing to get results they like. That's usually the most time consuming process and the most involved. If you aren't comfortable sewing stuff, you could always consider buying costumes but when doing that, it gets costly really quick and you're often SOL if it doesn't fit right (which is something you can more or less avoid when you're making it yourself) so you have to take extra care in making sure you have proper measurements for your body so they can tailor the outfits a bit more if you don't end up making it yourself. Also take into consideration shipping and tailoring times if you're ordering overseas/have a time limit or a con coming up.  

A bit of creativity goes a long way as well. You can find unconventional ways to make certain looks as well. For instance, I'm doing a DB era Yamcha cosplay this weekend and DB boots always are a pain to do. I kind of thought that the boots looked like wrestling boots so I got a cheapo pair off eBay and modified them with some pinstriping and some felt lining and they turned out a lot better than I would've got trying other methods IMO. 

I mean, If I have the money and learning path to sew, and make it perfect to me, then sure yeah

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

7 hours ago, The Great Kamek said:

I mean, If I have the money and learning path to sew, and make it perfect to me, then sure yeah

Sewing is really easy, and if money is really tight, it 'can' be done by hand w/o a sewing machine, but even a cheap 50$ machine will likely do a better job and in 1/1000th the time. Some sewing will still need to be done by hand, but a machine can still do the bulk of it. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Entirely depends on who/what you're cosplaying as. I cosplayed as Iida from My Hero Academia a while back wearing their PE uniform. Took literally no time at all since I just bought the shirt and pants off ebay, plus I already look like the guy. Building his entire Ingenium outfit would've taken several weeks at the very least.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Me and my mates used to cosplay as the Payday Gang.

It was fairly straight forward, suits, blue gloves, and masks.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

On 5/9/2019 at 10:35 AM, DimasRMDO said:

Me and my mates used to cosplay as the Payday Gang.

It was fairly straight forward, suits, blue gloves, and masks.

oh yeah?

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

4 hours ago, The Great Kamek said:

oh yeah?

We weren't really serious about it so we just wore random suits, it wasn't like in the game.

Still cool nonetheless, I even changed my bag to a duffel bag to make it more fun ?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I cosplay an asshole everyday.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.