Laptop Adapter

Hey there,

I currently have an Alienware 15 R3 laptop (30Pin Display)

my plan is to convert it into a Touch screen (40Pin Display)
I'm currently investigating the process of it all, although I do need help to find a 30Pin Female (connected to the existing display wire) to 40Pin Male (connected to the display) adapter in order for the process to work.
Also, it doesn't have to be Female to Male it can just be 40Pin (connected to display) Male to 30Pin Male (connected to the motherboard)

I have found a Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Replacement LCD Screen Touch Screen FHD to replace my actual Alienware 15 R3 display.

The side benefit to this change, I can use a Dell Pen to draw using my existing laptop without purchasing a new one.

It would also be a good idea to make sure that the 40 pin to 30 pin adapter actually keeps the touchscreen capabilities, instead of just letting you install a touchscreen that only behaves like a normal display.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It would also be a good idea to make sure that the 40 pin to 30 pin adapter actually keeps the touchscreen capabilities, instead of just letting you install a touchscreen that only behaves like a normal display.

I agree with that. Though I do like what Alienware has done and allowed Touchscreen compatibility available for the future upgrades (even though they have never been able to get around for it)

Just now, FL1GHT5 said:

I agree with that. Though I do like what Alienware has done and allowed Touchscreen compatibility available for the future upgrades (even though they have never been able to get around for it)

That is a step in the right direction, at least.

If the adapter works as you intend it to, then there's not much reason to hold back on it.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That is a step in the right direction, at least.

If the adapter works as you intend it to, then there's not much reason to hold back on it.

Well that was my question actually, I do need help finding the right adapter ?

1 minute ago, FL1GHT5 said:

Well that was my question actually, I do need help finding the right adapter ?

Ah, I see.

A quick internet search isn't bringing up too many results on my end, but I'll be able to look more closely tomorrow.