AMD's new Radeon RX 3080 XT: RTX 2070 performance for $330?

Message added by WkdPaul

It's completely fine to disagree and have a different point of view.

But please construct your arguments thoughtfully and without ad-hominem, antagonizing or passive-aggressive comments.

11 minutes ago, mr moose said:

TR is Ryzen and is a Halo product.   Just because people want to only think about the 3,5 and 7 doesn't mean the TR wasn't Ryzen  It certainly was a halo product and certainly is stile part of the Ryzen lineup. 

Sure, but if you say "Ryzen is a halo product", that's casting an awfully large net of you are actually referring to a couple of SKUs of a specific subset of the full lineup. 

Just to be clear, I'm not disagreeing on the core of your point, just the phrasing. 

1 minute ago, Waffles13 said:

Sure, but if you say "Ryzen is a halo product", that's casting an awfully large net of you are actually referring to a couple of SKUs of a specific subset of the full lineup. 

Just to be clear, I'm not disagreeing on the core of your point, just the phrasing. 

I guess that is an issue with communication.  I didn't feel the need to be excessively specific earlier on because the core of the discussion is that halo products sell the whole stack, ergo if I talk about ryzen being a halo product then I am referring to the top end as halo and the rest of ryzen as the stack.   Just like the i9 is the halo and the rest of the core series is the stack.

I think the other thing that confuses people is that a halo product doesn't have to be excursively a single brand/product.  If you have two brands/products that trade blows at the top, then they are both halo products. It's only when you have a distinct gap between the best from one company and the best in the entire market from another that we would define one as a halo and say the other company doesn't have a halo product.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.