Anyone know a good server program with gui???

Looking for a good server program that has a website interface, kinda like the picture below almost, but I wanna be able to install the host on my machine. Ive been experimenting with apache, but really have no idea what im doing XDXD. Anybody know anything easier????

cpanel.jpg

56 minutes ago, BOBWARPATH said:

Looking for a good server program that has a website interface

Kace K1000 (or the Web equivalent) we use it at work, fantastic program

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

If you want to try a simpler web server check out Caddy and lighttpd. 

If you just want an interface for Apache, Webmin and Vesta come to mind. 

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4

13 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Kace K1000 (or the Web equivalent) we use it at work, fantastic program

You are kidding right??? KACE is literally cancer in the past few years!

Only kidding for the most part, if it works for you then I'm glad, we had to get rid of it after using for around 9 years now, became literally unusable.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

46 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

You are kidding right??? KACE is literally cancer in the past few years!

Only kidding for the most part, if it works for you then I'm glad, we had to get rid of it after using for around 9 years now, became literally unusable.

What changed on your end to render it unusable?

I"m curious...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

What changed on your end to render it unusable?

I"m curious...

Quest bought it...:D joking, Dell made it bad before they sold it. It became horrendously slow and I mean horrendous... fair enough we thought, lets rebuild a new one. Installed a fresh version literally out of the box as it comes, nothing inputted whatsoever into it, still the same slowness without us touching a thing. Been like that for many releases now. 

When I say slow, it would take a full 90 seconds to login. After that clicking any pages would take around 15 seconds to load. We eliminated all other variables in our environment also, so nothing there.

Curiously, we assumed it was the database that was slow, since it references this for everything, however if I query the database directly, I can load 60000 support tickets in 0.9 seconds, so definitely the front end that has the issue.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

11 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

Quest bought it...:D joking, Dell made it bad before they sold it. It became horrendously slow and I mean horrendous... fair enough we thought, lets rebuild a new one. Installed a fresh version literally out of the box as it comes, nothing inputted whatsoever into it, still the same slowness without us touching a thing. Been like that for many releases now. 

When I say slow, it would take a full 90 seconds to login. After that clicking any pages would take around 15 seconds to load. We eliminated all other variables in our environment also, so nothing there.

Curiously, we assumed it was the database that was slow, since it references this for everything, however if I query the database directly, I can load 60000 support tickets in 0.9 seconds, so definitely the front end that has the issue.

I've give you Quest....they suck.

We run it as a hardware appliance, so no slowdown here.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

I've give you Quest....they suck.

We run it as a hardware appliance, so no slowdown here.

Indeed!

We've ran both, hardware and virtual, both the same. We had both the K1000 and K2000.

Also hated the fact they wouldn't give you the password

ClearOS

https://www.clearos.com/

Basically, it is simple OS that allows you to add modules (app store) to do anything from a web interface.  Free for home use, But some modules are paid.  HP is now including it with their "home" servers.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

Take a look at zpanel or if you're just looking for a CMS look at Joomla or Wordpress.

HI GUYS!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR THE ANSWERS!!!! :) So I plan to try these on my main server, I got virtualbox, and from watching tutorials on how to get the bridged lan to work, its finally time.... Once again, thank you all, I can rest easy knowing I can get this server up and not get yelled at XD