Monitors For Photo/Video Editing

Go to solution Solved by badreg,

The Dell UP2516D and UP2717D are both good 1440p options. Pick up a X-Rite i1Display Pro as well to calibrate the hardware LUT.

Morning everyone. I am looking to get into photo and video creation/editing. I am wanting to get a monitor with a good color reproduction without absolutely destroying my bank account what are some suggestions you guys have?

Budget, resolution, and screen size requirements? Do you need wide gamut or is accurate sRGB good enough for you? Do you make money doing this, or is this purely a hobby?

Regardless of what you choose, budget $150-200 for a colorimeter to calibrate your display.

2 hours ago, badreg said:

Budget, resolution, and screen size requirements? Do you need wide gamut or is accurate sRGB good enough for you? Do you make money doing this, or is this purely a hobby?

Regardless of what you choose, budget $150-200 for a colorimeter to calibrate your display.

Budget is open. I want to get what I need and will pay what I have to to get it. Screen size I'd like to stay around 24-27. No higher than 1440 cause my photos will be 1080 so no need for 4k. It is starting as a hobby but my end goal is to make it a part time job/business in the future once I am better. 

The Dell UP2516D and UP2717D are both good 1440p options. Pick up a X-Rite i1Display Pro as well to calibrate the hardware LUT.