Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vented_Swing_6295

I suck at titles

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am having a bit of trouble with the corsair LL120 you see I am trying to do this

 

AIO on the front with 6 fans push pull

1 fan on the rear

& 2 fans on top

the problem is I will be getting the corsair commander pro and it only has 6 fan slots so i was like well I should get a fan splitter ... BUT there is a 4,5 A limitation on the unit and I want to know how many amps will the fans need if I set them to the max.

Link to post
Share on other sites

you can read that from the back of the fan's hub at the center


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

you can read that from the back of the fan's hub at the center

No what i am basically trying to say is what is the Amperage if the fans were at max 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vented_Swing_6295 said:

No what i am basically trying to say is what is the Amperage if the fans were at max 

Power = voltage multiply current, and it's known that voltage iis 12V


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Vented_Swing_6295 said:

I am having a bit of trouble with the corsair LL120 you see I am trying to do this

 

AIO on the front with 6 fans push pull

1 fan on the rear

& 2 fans on top

the problem is I will be getting the corsair commander pro and it only has 6 fan slots so i was like well I should get a fan splitter ... BUT there is a 4,5 A limitation on the unit and I want to know how many amps will the fans need if I set them to the max.

The LL-120 Fans:

I assume you are using a Corsair H150 as your CLC which has the 3 fan headers coming from the block. You can add (2-way) splitters to that to allow the 6 fans to remain under the control of the AIO. The total amperage draw for the fans (excluding LEDs) will be 6 x 0.3A = 1.8A. On a side note; employing push-pull on a thin radiator won't really see an increase in performance but of you're doing this for aesthetics, go for it.

 

In addition, you don't mention whether all your fans are LL-120's. If they are (a total of 9), you'll need a second Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub as each hub can handle a maximum of 6 fans. (Both the Lighting Node and the Commander Pro can handle 2 x RGB Fan Hubs.)

 

The Commander Pro:

Just a word of caution regarding the Commander Pro. Although each port may be able to handle the amperage of more than 2 fans connected via a splitter, limit yourself to a maximum of 2 fans per port (or put simply, don't use 3-way or more splitters) even if your total draw remains under the 4.5A ceiling. There's no official Corsair documentation to this effect but it was mentioned by a Corsair employee on their forums to not place more than 2 fans on an individual fan port of the Commander Pro.

 

I ran into this problem when using a couple of 3-way splitters for my push-pull fan configuration on a 420mm radiator. Essentially, one of the fan ports (that had 3 fans attached) simply expired. It wasn't actually dead because I was able to factory reset the unit (instructions are on the Corsair forum but you'll need 3 hands to execute the steps) and the port performed a Lazarus (came back from the dead). It seems that some sort of logic problem may arise with 3 or more fans on an individual fan port.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Blai5e said:

The LL-120 Fans:

I assume you are using a Corsair H150 as your CLC which has the 3 fan headers coming from the block. You can add (2-way) splitters to that to allow the 6 fans to remain under the control of the AIO. The total amperage draw for the fans (excluding LEDs) will be 6 x 0.3A = 1.8A. On a side note; employing push-pull on a thin radiator won't really see an increase in performance but of you're doing this for aesthetics, go for it.

 

In addition, you don't mention whether all your fans are LL-120's. If they are (a total of 9), you'll need a second Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub as each hub can handle a maximum of 6 fans. (Both the Lighting Node and the Commander Pro can handle 2 x RGB Fan Hubs.)

 

The Commander Pro:

Just a word of caution regarding the Commander Pro. Although each port may be able to handle the amperage of more than 2 fans connected via a splitter, limit yourself to a maximum of 2 fans per port (or put simply, don't use 3-way or more splitters) even if your total draw remains under the 4.5A ceiling. There's no official Corsair documentation to this effect but it was mentioned by a Corsair employee on their forums to not place more than 2 fans on an individual fan port of the Commander Pro.

 

I ran into this problem when using a couple of 3-way splitters for my push-pull fan configuration on a 420mm radiator. Essentially, one of the fan ports (that had 3 fans attached) simply expired. It wasn't actually dead because I was able to factory reset the unit (instructions are on the Corsair forum but you'll need 3 hands to execute the steps) and the port performed a Lazarus (came back from the dead). It seems that some sort of logic problem may arise with 3 or more fans on an individual fan port.

No,I am going to be using the Asus Rog Ryujin 360.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vented_Swing_6295 said:

No,I am going to be using the Asus Rog Ryujin 360.

Okay, Same deal, just more expensive. The Asus 360 has 3 fan headers as well but they're just ganged so doubling the fan count might present a strain on the header.

 

@Vented_Swing_6295 Edit: One point to note: CLC's should be basing their fan curves from the coolant temperature rather than the CPU. I'm unsure if the Commander Pro (and the software ICUE) will be able to see the coolant temperature from the ASUS CLC so you may run into a snag there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×