Samsung Galaxy Buds - Better AND Cheaper?

I can't use headphones with those tips you have to ram into your ear canals like that, I honestly don't see how people find that comfortable.

I prefer the more traditional earbud like the Sennheiser MX365.

Who knows what's that small case in the background that they've been featuring for the past month

14 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

I can't use headphones with those tips you have to ram into your ear canals like that, I honestly don't see how people find that comfortable.

I prefer the more traditional earbud like the Sennheiser MX365.

a man of culture

my e50bt still beats the crap out of both in sound quality for 65 euros

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Can't compare them. Both airpods and these you can charge in case on the go and they go for the form factor. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Serious question, how would LG phones, that are MQA certified, perform with these?

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

Can't compare them. Both airpods and these you can charge in case on the go and they go for the form factor. 

i know, I'm just saying a good headset beats the crap out of airpods

15 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i know, I'm just saying a good headset beats the crap out of airpods

In most cases yeah. Why do I say in most? We are finally getting good stuff like Jabra Elite Active 65t. But in same price category probably yeah. 

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

In most cases yeah. Why do I say in most? We are finally getting good stuff like Jabra Elite Active 65t. But in same price category probably yeah. 

yeah... i never seen a good reason for myself to invest in airpods anyways... beats really isn't a sound i like

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

I use my MX365's connected to a bluetooth receiver with a built in battery pack made by Aukey, whole setup costs under $40 USD (including headphones), if I need the battery to run longer I plug in ANY portable battery bank and use it to charge the Aukey, i'm also free to change out headphones at will without losing the bluetooth, so I can pick whatever wired phones i like.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

I use my MX365's connected to a bluetooth receiver with a built in battery pack made by Aukey, whole setup costs under $40 USD (including headphones), if I need the battery to run longer I plug in ANY portable battery bank and use it to charge the Aukey, i'm also free to change out headphones at will without losing the bluetooth, so I can pick whatever wired phones i like.

That is cool. A completely different thing but still cool. But to be fair, since you have wired headphones, not sure why not just use wired. Sure, there are few times where I can see the appeal, but in general (subjectively) seems like too much hassle and parts for an inferior solution from quality standpoint.

I honestly don’t leave the house without my Razer Kraken Pro V2 anymore. 

Spoiler

I‘m joking obviously ^^

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

That is cool. A completely different thing but still cool. But to be fair, since you have wired headphones, not sure why not just use wired. Sure, there are few times where I can see the appeal, but in general (subjectively) seems like too much hassle and parts for an inferior solution from quality standpoint.

primary reason for me is my computer has Bluetooth and the headphone jack is on the far left toward the backside and the computer sits to my left at work so I would have to deal with a 3.5mm extension to use headphones with it and add to that I can get 20-30 feet away from the computer with the Bluetooth (so depending on where the computer is sitting I can walk around the whole house) just makes the bluetooth far more viable then being plugged in. Also the Loudness Equalization setting in the Sound Enhancements is an option on the bluetooth but not on the computers speakers, so Netflix requires max volume to hear through the speakers on the laptop, so I use the headphones for everything.

if I was doing music playback on my phone with the phone in my pocket then I go wired, beyond that I use the bluetooth for the rare occurrence I am watching a video on my phone, truth is I use it so rarely with my phone that I don't even keep the pairing saved so the phone doesn't try to pull the audio focus when i'm using the laptop.

Thank you for testing them on Android and iOS, but how do they work on Windows? Do they work at all? Is the latency bad?

I don't care about gestures or calls, I would just like to know if they work as regular headphones. I work in a lab and when I want to listen to music the cord on my headphones (connected to my laptop) gets in the way of doing work...

Thanks!

I got Soundcore Liberty Lites from Anker, they work pretty well with my iphone SE, but I wish they had some of the special capabilities of more expensive earbuds

10 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

in-ears

• pros
    • godlike noise isolation
    • which means lower volume required to hear something comfortably

those aren't 2 separate pros buddy, that second line is a continuation of the first.

yeah earbuds aren't as the bees knees at noise isolation, but having something playing at a normal speaking level volume is enough to block out all but the loudest noises, I know it's enough I don't hear the footsteps above me (mid renovation, with no ceilings so all that is there is the framing, subfloor and linoleum of the floor above, without them I hear EVERYTHING above me) and i've NEVER had an issue with them falling out and I can wear them all night in bed.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:57 PM, CPotter said:

Have you done a review on the one plus bullets?

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 2:57 PM, CPotter said:

I have had the galaxy buds for about 2 months now and they continuously cancel out and stutter while listening to music. I turn my head a little bit and it glitches out. Only happens when my phone is in my pocket. I have a galaxy s9 btw.